Two things

Just think of it as a Bar Code [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I have no problem with his musical ability my problems are:

1) He needs to realize, 1985 is gone, bleached pants just aren't popular anymore in 2005. He has enough money now to stop shopping at the Salvation Army

2) His onstage antics just need to stop, they were cool back when Accept was doing
'Balls to the Wall' . It doesn't work, and frankly its just embarrasing to watch him make an ass of himself. Even Bruce looks at him like WTF?? sometimes. Your in a metal band, not Poison doing 'Unskinny Bop' I've been to ashamed to show the Rock in Rio video to one of my friends because of Janicks glam rock stage performance. I'll have to buy the CD.

3) Maidens song writing has not been as good since Janick joined the band

Adrian Smith says: "Janick bashers are not worth the words they try to write."

I like Janick, and if the rest of the band has a problem with him about what he does, I think they would tell him... And if they don't have a problem with him, why do we? They've accepted him into Maiden.

The 80's are gone... A guy once told me that when he said I should stop listening to metal. Bleached pants may not be popular anymore, but after all we don't listen to metal, because its popular do we?

[!--QuoteBegin-Power-Slave74+Aug 13 2005, 01:28 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Power-Slave74 @ Aug 13 2005, 01:28 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]His talent aside, image also matters.
[snapback]115265[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Yes, let's put talent aside and concentrate on the image. Isn't that what all good behaving artists do nowadays?

[!--QuoteBegin-TheWickedChild+Aug 13 2005, 04:39 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(TheWickedChild @ Aug 13 2005, 04:39 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]...but after all we don't listen to metal, because its popular do we?
[snapback]115274[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I do. Out of the three people closest to me, two like Maiden [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yeah, but if your in a band your a representative of the music you are playing.
If Bruce is looking for a younger fan base, Janicks "hip swinging" guitar
is not going to do that.

If you read alot of messages from younger people on Iron Maiden at this year's
Ozzfest, Janick's performance on stage was a turn off to them to persue any interest in Maiden.

Bottom line for me is if Maiden wants to build a new fan base
the on stage image has to change.

Janick simply does not uphold the image of a metal
band. Like it or not, image IS important.

Janick's gotta go, nuff said

[!--QuoteBegin-Power-Slave74+Aug 16 2005, 01:23 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Power-Slave74 @ Aug 16 2005, 01:23 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Janick's gotta go, nuff said
[snapback]115535[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Well, he won't, so put up with it [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Don't bother, Perun. Power-Slave74 is obviously a broad-minded hardcore fan who only wants what's best for the band. I already deleted his highly intelligent and deeply thought-of comments about Blaze's outstanding performance with Maiden in the IMC forum. [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Power-Slave74+Aug 16 2005, 01:23 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Power-Slave74 @ Aug 16 2005, 01:23 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Yeah, but if your in a band your a representative of the music you are playing.
is not going to do that.

[/quote]

Why would they want to build a new fan base if they are going to retire like in two years?

Well I hope they put out at least (and most) two more albums and maybe one more tour. Hell they are putting out more box sets and compilation crap than original material lately, they are imploding and becoming merchandising whores. I still love them but has to stop, it's getting very silly.

[!--QuoteBegin-Power-Slave74+Aug 16 2005, 08:23 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Power-Slave74 @ Aug 16 2005, 08:23 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Yeah, but if your in a band your a representative of the music you are playing.
is not going to do that.

If you read alot of messages from younger people on Iron Maiden at this year's
Ozzfest, Janick's performance on stage was a turn off to them to persue any interest in Maiden.

Janick simply does not uphold the image of a metal
band. Like it or not, image IS important.

Janick's gotta go, nuff said
[/quote]

Hey, wait a minute, we are not talking about a new band like Korn or Limp Bizkit (Well, compared to Maiden they really are new), those bands really need image because that sells for them, but, when we are talking about Iron Maiden a legendary band, we know that they don't need any image, what sells for them is good music, and the fact they are good musicians. Janick Gers is a great guitarrist, and he has his OWN STYLE, yes he changed Adrian's solos but yes, like the others said, this is great because we are hearing changes in the songs we all know, about all he does on stage, well, when you go to a live concert, what you want is a show, because if we just want music, well we have our CDs, and when he does all his sutff on stage we get the show we wanted, like Bruce's commentaries, Eddie and all that stuff we love, anyway right now, I can't imagine a live show without Janick's performance. So, what I mean is that Iron Maiden is evolving without image, they are evolving with music.

[!--QuoteBegin-Pblic enemy nmbr 1+Nov 16 2005, 01:59 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pblic enemy nmbr 1 @ Nov 16 2005, 01:59 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Two Years? Oh no [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ! It's at least two tours left. And one album. But just becouse they'll stop touring it doesn't mean that they will stop doing studioalbums. And I really hope they will make some more albums with all of my heart.
[snapback]123195[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Exactly my sentiments. They amy retire from the touring circuit sometime around 2010, but I still am a bit confused by people being so pessimistic about this. Look at the Rolling Stones-they have a collective age of about 600 and they've just released a new album and are doing a new tour. Why should Maiden be different? Even if they do retire from touring, they may well come back after a few years (about the time, if you've read my post on the References to maiden thread, that 'Arry gets knighted and the band gets a lifetime ahievement award [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] . Here's hoping!)

[!--QuoteBegin-Metal_made+Dec 1 2005, 12:01 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Metal_made @ Dec 1 2005, 12:01 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Hey, wait a minute, we are not talking about a new band like Korn or Limp Bizkit (Well, compared to Maiden they really are new), those bands really need image because that sells for them, but, when we are talking about Iron Maiden a legendary band, we know that they don't need any image, what sells for them is good music, and the fact they are good musicians.  Janick Gers is a great guitarrist, and he has his OWN STYLE, yes he changed Adrian's solos but yes, like the others said, this is great because we are hearing changes in the songs we all know, about all he does on stage, well, when you go to a live concert, what you want is a show, because if we just want music, well we have our CDs, and when he does all his sutff on stage we get the show we wanted, like Bruce's commentaries, Eddie and all that stuff we love, anyway right now, I can't imagine a live show without Janick's performance.  So, what I mean is that Iron Maiden is evolving without image, they are evolving with music.
[snapback]124378[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Exactly, I like Jannick. He injects life into the band. So what if his playing is slightly sloppy? It's fast and energetic. If you're on the floor watching them play, you're not really going to care if he doesn't play a song you like exactly the way you want it, you're going to be screaming your lungs out because it's Maiden and they are one of your favourite bands, playing for YOU.
Maiden don't rely on image. If they did they would sell more records, but with that popularity would come the pressures of conformity and what some people call 'selling out'. And why do people have such a problem with Jannick? And why are these the same people (on average) who hate the mighty beast in man's form known as Blaze? Personally, I think you're all jealous of their cool names [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I don't understand what some of you guys are doing listening to Maiden if all you are interested in is image and note perfect widdling, that's not what Maiden have ever been about, Maiden has always been about great songs, played by great musicians.

I have followed the band since '83 and when Adrian left I was gutted he's an awesome player, Janick came in and he was a totally different kind of player but still a fantastic rock guitarist and composer, what did you all want a pale imitation of Adrian, if they had done that they would have died long ago, just as if they had brought in a Bruce clone when he left.

If any of you saw the first live performance post Adrian when the band all showed up at the Astoria on Bruces solo tour and saw them rip through "The Trooper" then you might start to understand the massive injection of energy Janick brought to the band when he joined.

What I don't understand now that Adrian is back is that people still harp on about Janick, the three guitar line up is the best there has been, you've got three players that are totally different in playing styles, sound and stage persona, the best of all worlds.

[!--quoteo(post=129200:date=Feb 18 2006, 12:39 AM:name=Guest)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 18 2006, 12:39 AM) [snapback]129200[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I don't understand what some of you guys are doing listening to Maiden if all you are interested in is image and note perfect widdling, that's not what Maiden have ever been about, Maiden has always been about great songs, played by great musicians.

I have followed the band since '83 and when Adrian left I was gutted he's an awesome player, Janick came in and he was a totally different kind of player but still a fantastic rock guitarist and composer, what did you all want a pale imitation of Adrian, if they had done that they would have died long ago, just as if they had brought in a Bruce clone when he left.

If any of you saw the first live performance post Adrian when the band all showed up at the Astoria on Bruces solo tour and saw them rip through "The Trooper" then you might start to understand the massive injection of energy Janick brought to the band when he joined.

What I don't understand now that Adrian is back is that people still harp on about Janick, the three guitar line up is the best there has been, you've got three players that are totally different in playing styles, sound and stage persona, the best of all worlds.
[/quote]

At last someone who talks sense on this website!!!!!

Back