TWISTED SISTER

Eddie's Lil Helper

Ancient Mariner
According to MelodicRock.com, TWISTED SISTER will release their "Still Hungry - Live at Wacken Open Air" DVD in early 2005 via Demolition's Detonator Records.

Filmed with 16 cameras during the band's headline set in front of over 40,000 fans at the 2003 Wacken Open Air Festival, this DVD shows the band at their live best. Also included is footage detailing the reformation of the line up after a 12-year sabbatical, and their first "secret" shows before their official reformation. The track listing is as follows:

01. What You Don't Know (Sure Can Hurt You)
02. The Kids Are Back
03. Stay Hungry
04. Destroyer
05. Knife In The Back
06. Under The Blade
07. You Cant Stop Rock And Roll
08. I Am, I'm Me
09. The Fire Still Burns
10. Ride To Live, Live To Ride
11. Shoot 'Em Down
12. We're Not Gonna Take It
13. The Price
14. Burn In Hell
15. I Wanna Rock
16. Come Out And Play
17. S.M.F.

There's a documentary available on Netflix now called "We Are Twisted Fucking Sister," which is more interesting than I thought it would be. They were never my favorite metal band: I think I wrote them off as "kid stuff" due to their hit videos based on young-adolescent rebellion and their cameo in the Pee-Wee Herman movie. But some of their songs were legit heavy rockers.

Anyway, most of the documentary is about their pre-national-fame days, and how they worked their asses off paying dues on the Tri-State club circuit for almost 10 years before they hit it big. Not fashionable enough for Manhattan, they managed to build up a huge following in the blue-collar parts of New Jersey and the Outer Boroughs / Lawn Guyland / Connecticut.

It also chronicles the changes in the rock club scene, and the pressures on club owners and bands, brought on by the drinking age going from 18 to 21; and the fickle ups and downs of the music industry, and big break opportunities lost to bad luck.

Watching it gave me a new respect for those guys. It's a shame how after all those years building a career, it all came crashing down due to (a) overexposure when they hit it big and (b) one bad lead-single decision (the cringeworthy "Leader of the Pack" cover, which apparently had gone over well when they covered it in their club days).

Recommended.

Last edited:
I wrote off TS as well as I never 'got' the gimmick, and I always thought Dee was a dick with his occasional Maiden bashing, but that documentary made me appreciate them a bit more. It's funny how MTV could build and break careers in a matter of months...

Very underrated band. The album You Can't Stop R & R was killer! Also, i know most fans don't like the Come Out & Play lp, but songs like Kill or Be Killed, King of the Fools, Fire Still Burns rock!

Great metal/hard rock albums. The image throws many people off, myself included for many years and I still don't like it...but the early albums do totally kick ass.

Back