Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it just me or are the numbers on the voting thing not the same as the numbers on the video? Its been like this for the last couple of rounds so I just vote according to which is first or second
They are the same, everytime. In the same order as well. I always do a double check. The first solo you hear is the first (highest) voting option, the second solo is the second (lowest) voting option. The Blood Brothers solo has a lower number than The Mercenary, but it came second in the vid. Maybe that confused you or @Brigantium .

@Niall Kielt Hmm, perhaps you looked wrong either listened to wrong (older) videos, and in that case, have voted wrong. Please listen to last video in the topic with an open poll. It always has these numbers.

There is a relatively short period in which there are two topics. The new one needs to be merged with the old one. However, in that case there's only one topic open for voting, namely the one with the highest battle number, and that's the only one that is open.

If you think something is different again, please mention exactly what you see and then we'll find out what's happened.

Last edited:
I'm sure the numbers on the poll were in the opposite order to the numbers on the video. It doesn't really matter, though, because there were only two options, and I think most of us just voted according to the order of play without checking the numbers on the poll. I hadn't noticed it until Niall mentioned it.

What I saw was different numbers on the poll compared to the most recent video. At least twice, I'm certain of it. If Brig saw a different thing could it be our devices? Update issues or some such (I am not tech savvy)?

The videos are labelled correctly as the songs play in the video, it's just the Youtube title for the video has different numbers on. Could be something like playoff 03 group 07.

The one and only. Ye know that he does festivals these days? Goes on in the mornin to, well, motivate people for another days madness. Great idea!

The one and only. Ye know that he does festivals these days? Goes on in the mornin to, well, motivate people for another days madness. Great idea!

That sounds terrible. The last thing I want when I have a post-Trooper hangover, and smell like I've been among a sweaty, muddy festival crowd all weekend, is Mr Motivator turning up.

That sounds terrible. The last thing I want when I have a post-Trooper hangover, and smell like I've been among a sweaty, muddy festival crowd all weekend, is Mr Motivator turning up.

Ah, so you use motivation of the powdered variety to keep the energy levels up. Also a good choice:nana::nana:

Thanks Niall and Briggs! Don't hesitate to mention something wrong again. The titles of the vids are of less importance than the numbers that are shown while you hear the solo. I'll do my best to have the order of these numbers the same as the voting options.

I do think the poll and video numbers were the opposite way round in the previous poll, but people's votes matched up to the names of the songs they posted, so all is well.

(NOTE: If this game is new for you, and if you would like to participate, please check the opening post of this thread, before you vote)

Result of round 2, 21st battle: Adrian Smith's Isle of Avalon solo (120) is eliminated. 40 advances to the 3rd round.

Round 2: 22nd battle:

Back