Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Love 'em both but as someone else said, FF starts great but doesnt really progress and that solo in TP is one of my favourite Maiden moments, so The Prisoner takes it. And rightly so.

(NOTE: If this game is new for you, and if you would like to participate, please check the opening post of this thread, before you vote)

Result of round 1, 2nd battle: Dave Murray's The Final Frontier solo (116) is eliminated. 011 advances to the 3rd round.

Round 2: 3rd battle:

I love when Adrian experiments with his older solos and the live version was my initial choice, but the longer I listen to these two put together, I start thinking that I have to give credit to the studio version for how smooth it is... Probably I enjoy the live one a bit more, but the studio take deserves to advance in this tournament.

That being said, I don't like the idea of having live versions in the game (except for Janick's substitutes for Adrian's solos), especially since they were added very selectively, as far as I know. Now for example we have live RotAM and no Adrian's 2012-13 Seventh Son, which deserves to be here just as much. Pretty late statement, but I missed the qualifications.

Going to buck the trend here and go for live. It has added sparkle, even if it's not as neat and polished as the studio version.

The live version sounds awesome, but I still had to go studio. Since just about all the other solos in the game are the studio recordings, I figured that's the version we should consider going forward.

Hmm. Very difficult. But eventually I went for the live version, mostly because of the extra flare.

I am aiming for two days even. It's only two solos and I thought it was good for the progress of the game.

I was wondering why you didn't vote yesterday.

Last edited:
Back