Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Thin Line BLAH! Blah blah blah... blah.

A great solo by Dave - short, but very melodic. Absolutely adore the ending. Janick's solo in "Brighter" isn't to my taste, while it works fine as a part of the song it isn't one of the highlights, Adrian's "Prodigal" solo has one super-cool lick in the middle and the rest is mediocre so I can't really put it up beside Dave's solo here and lastly Janick's "Shoot Strangers" solo is just a real trial of my patience - and that comes from someone who usually is a big fan of his style...

I feel that PS and TTLBLAH are much better than BTATS and ATSS and therefore they got my vote.
However, out of those two better ones, I feel that PS should proceed to the next round - in my opinion it is one of the best Adrian solos and a possible contender for the title. Although Dave's solo sounds incredibly beautiful and melodic, I feel that it is too short to be considered a serious contender.

Thin Line is good but too short. Thousand Sons and Afraid are good, but unremarkable.
Prodigal Son is thing of beauty. Such emotional phrasing.
Gets my only vote.

So much hate on Fear of the dark that we even cant get ATSS to next round. That hurts!

Nah, it's not FOTD hate, at least not in my case. The ATSS solo just isn't grabbing me on its own. It works a lot better when listening to the full song.

Nah, it's not FOTD hate, at least not in my case. The ATSS solo just isn't grabbing me on its own. It works a lot better when listening to the full song.

Ok, i see.

I do like the oher Solo part better tho, but maybe thats not counted as a solo. I dunno.

Back