Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like 22AA a bit more, although it does sound a bit uninspired on record and that's why live versions are better.

(NOTE: If this game is new for you, and if you would like to participate, please check the opening post of this thread, before you vote)

Result of round 1, 6th battle: Adrian Smith's Heaven Can Wait (041) is eliminated. 012 advances to the 3rd round.

Round 2: 7th battle:

Superb agile solo by Dave in The Unbeliever. While Rime sacks in a bit, The Unbeliever gets only better. Masterful second half and brilliantly ended.

Last edited:
The Unbeliever solo could feel as a less smooth passage, but let's not forget the unusual rhythm (for Maiden at least, this is fairly unique).
The more reason for my appreciation. Dave took up the challenge, gave it all and did something special with it. His solo takes unexpected turns and is full of variety, melody, interesting timing and skill.

Very tough choice... I love the whole TU solo section, but I have to go with Rime. I like thought-out solos and this one definitely sounds like it.

I can not consider just the guitar sound... the whole rest of the music sounds awful on TU.

ROTAM gets my vote.

Back