Total Eclipse

How good is Total Eclipse on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
One of the band's heavier songs.Heavy and really addictive riff..Bruce's vocals at the end are divine.It could very easily fit in the album in the first place. 10/10

7/10

There are some excellent ideas in here, but unfortunately the least interesting riff seems to be the one that's repeated the most. Amazing vocals from Bruce at the end.

10. This one was definitley a grower on me. The first time I heard it I thought that it was the worst on NOB, now I think its one of the best! I wish this one would have been included on the original release. The 2 solos are great and Bruce at the end is at his best. He blows me away every time I give this one a listen.

Heavy and menacing, this is a powerful song. The opening riff slays, and Clive is great here. Production on the studio version isn't so hot, but Bruce is snarling with energy on the live version from Beast over Hammersmith. A quite underrated song. 8/10

It's just a serviceable track. Certainly better than "Invaders", but it was clearly left as a B-side for a reason. The bridge in the middle really makes no sense and sounds incredibly jarring. Normally a Maiden key change or tempo change adds something to a song, but this one just feels tacked on.

The most disappointing song of what is otherwise an excellent album. This song is still okay. It's just forgettable compared to the rest of the album. This is the "filler" song.
It's okay though. It's followed by sheer epicness.

7/10

Some great riffs but not that interesting. Unnessary tempo change when the solos starts. But an okey song.

6/10

A strong penultimate track, with some great riffs in it. Sunrise has gone! Not a fan of the guitar solo section, or the ending, but a lot to like. I'll give it a...

7/10

A strong contender for my least favourite Maiden song; nothing in it grabs my attention. Objectively a 4, compared to other Maiden songs a 1, easily.

9/10.
Very underrated song imo.
There are a number of cool time changes in it plus the solos are awesome.

Part II of our "Sorry Clive" tour.

Something about the guitar work hearkens to a later period of Iron Maiden, but that period is 1990, so that isn't a great sign. I hear some inconsistencies in the way Steve plays, and the guitar isn't particularly great. Another 6/10.

This song does very little for me. The verses are terribly boring and unmemorable, and while the chorus is stronger, it's not enough to save the song. The transitions are very erratic and the pacing is all over the place. Probably the worst of the 3 additional tracks from the first 3 albums.

3/10.

RTC's Maiden Ranking:

1: Phantom Of The Opera: 9/10
2: Killers: 9/10
3: Children Of The Damned: 8/10
4: Remember Tomorrow: 8/10
5: The Number Of The Beast: 8/10
6: Murders In The Rue Morgue: 8/10
7: Run To The Hills: 7/10
8: Purgatory: 7/10
9: 22 Acacia Avenue: 7/10
10: Wrathchild: 7/10
11: Transylvania: 7/10
12: Prodigal Son: 6/10
13: Strange World: 6/10
14: Sanctuary: 6/10
15: Another Life: 6/10
16: The Prisoner: 6/10
17: Prowler: 6/10
18: Gangland: 5/10
19: Genghis Khan: 5/10
20: Iron Maiden: 5/10
21: Charlotte The Harlot: 5/10
22: Twilight Zone: 5/10
23: Drifter: 4/10
24: Running Free: 4/10
25: Innocent Exile: 4/10
26: Invaders: 3/10
27: Total Eclipse: 3/10
28: The Ides Of March: 2/10

Very powerful song, way better than Gangland.
I like the main riff at the beginning, but this is where Bruce sounds bad. On the other hand, Bruce sounds so powerful at the very end with "Gone are the days..." part.

The highlight: 3:00 - What a way to introduce one of the best moments in Bruce's career.

7/10

5/10. Few things stand out in this song. The intro and the "Gone are the days" part is nice, but I actually prefer Gangland over this one.

7/10. I'll admit that this is my least favorite song on the album and I can see why they chose to leave it off the album in 1982, but what puzzles me is why they performed it on the tour (at least on Beast Over Hammersmith). While it's my least favorite song on the album I still enjoy it and don't skip it on the album or anything.

6/10. Some great rocking sections, but that opening/closing riff just seems to plod along. Maybe because I'm used to the original release, but I prefer the flow of the album without this song.

Going back through, a 5/10. Nothing offensive, nothing special. Still the worst on the album. I understand why the band chose Gangland initially even if they don't.

Rankings:

Previous Albums:

1980 - Iron Maiden - 6.67

8 - Prowler
6 - Sanctuary
7 - Remember Tomorrow
6 - Running Free
9 - Phantom Of The Opera
7 - Transylvania
4 - Strange World
6 - Charlotte The Harlot
7 - Iron Maiden