Top 5 Non-Big 4 Thrash Metal Albums?

Sure. it was put out in 1991. In the mist of "super hard production" or in the wake of Black Album I guess.. They're awesome though I think

From the album before that, less 90s production. Classic thrash.

Heathen were one of my first thrash bands - right after I first heard Master of Puppets and ...And Justice for All, I wanted to find more music similar to that, so I tried to Google "prog thrash" afterwards and Heathen were one of the first things I found... so I have decided to give Victims a try... and have been loving the album since. (right next in line were Toxik, whom I like even more, and Voivod)

So let me add my five cents :D

Last edited:
I like Think This, I thought there was a lot of filler on the album though.

Two of my favorite Prog/Power/Thrash whatever songs:

I am not really a trash head, but this following album made a big impression on me. It was a bit of a controversial album because the band made some adventurous changes (more proggy and atmospheric perhaps?) and their new singer sounded quite different from his predecessor who sang on the iconic debut album and The Dark. These albums are also very cool but in a different way. The singer in question is Mike Howe, who recently returned!! The band is of course Metal Church! Did anyone hear the new album already (or a song)? I didn't but surely will have a listen soon.

The album I am talking about is Blessing in Disguise from 1989. An original work with mellow atmospherical guitar parts in the right places. There is variation on this album. I really dig that. Some songs are of lengthy, even epic proportions. Anthem to the Estranged clocks 9 and a half minutes.

Here the whole album. Listen to it in full. One song doesn't do it justice!

Haven't actually heard Blessing yet. I do, however, love their first two albums, but never ventured further. I like fused how they fused USPM and Thrash. It's an excellent sound.

Speaking of thrashy USPM...

IP4wOcy.jpg

Back