Top 100 guitar solos of all time

KK & Glenn-- there is NO equal....Beyond The Realms of Death?! Victim of Changes?! Oh, the list I could make [!--emo&:howdy:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wavey.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wavey.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SeArtist formalyknownasMumpitz+May 26 2004, 03:04 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SeArtist formalyknownasMumpitz @ May 26 2004, 03:04 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]what is Metalllica doin´there? Great songs but the soli...? [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]67878[/snapback]​
[/quote]
[!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] how can you NOT like Metallica's solos?!

I disagree with that fucking list i think malmsteens far beyond the sun should be number 1 and what the fuck is kurt cobain doing there

For the first one only one person can be... RITCHIE BLACKMORE!!!
All great guitarists of the world quote him as inspiration...
HIGHWAY STAR... SMOKE... LAZY... STARGAZER...
And for the second... MALMSTEEN!!!
third... ULI JON ROTH!!!
the rest is the rest...
maybe a little van halen... maybe adrian (not dave... he lacks technique)... randy rhoads...

I agree with Bass nuts up above Judas preist has some killer solos and what is up with no savatage or Maiden or and i dont know, i might be crazy but Helloween has got sum tight solos too...

Stairway is good and i respect the floyd but other then that its got me worried
[!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

What the F***? Yngwie Malmsteen isn't higher than #36. He is probarbly the best guitarist ever, along with Steve Vai. And Maiden should have several solos on that list.

the person who wrote that list was obviously on crack while getting fucked up the ass by some prick. what the motherfuck is crappy motherfuckin shit nirvana even doin there. wheres the important guitarists like gilbert, malmsteen, murray, etc?!!!
and i know he aint regarded as a great guitarist but Ritchie Blackmore's Child in Time has go to be in the top 20.
the people are stupid fucks who need to be burnt alive

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Some pissed off guy+Oct 15 2004, 08:10 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Some pissed off guy @ Oct 15 2004, 08:10 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]the person who wrote that list was obviously on crack while getting fucked up the ass by some prick. what the motherfuck is crappy motherfuckin shit nirvana even doin there. wheres the important guitarists like gilbert, malmsteen, murray, etc?!!!
and i know he aint regarded as a great guitarist but Ritchie Blackmore's Child in Time has go to be in the top 20.
the people are stupid fucks who need to be burnt alive

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]89186[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Fascinating answer. Well written and highly intelligent. I was so happy to read such a great message... [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Oct 15 2004, 06:27 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Oct 15 2004, 06:27 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Fascinating answer. Well written and highly intelligent. I was so happy to read such a great message...   [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]89191[/snapback]​
[/quote]

*snigger*

It's pretty much a load of bullshit as far as I'm concerned. They do have some good songs on there, but what the heck is Metallica doing on there? Metallica's solos are fast. There's no substance or emotion to them. Hendrix is a god, but he's got a few too many on there for my liking. Same goes to Zeppelin. And what's Nirvana and Pantera doing on that list? Alice In Chains? Give me a break. AC/DC? They have a few guitar solos. None are spectacular. And what, in the name of God, is Rage Against The Machine hobnobbing with the likes of Floyd and Clapton?

Seriously, someone can't create a list like that without including bands like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. And Sabbath is only up there once, I think. Their self-titled song has to have one of the most simple and yet beautiful guitar solos ever created.

LOL you are particularly "artsy". Metallica should be there... ONE...c'mon that is more than fast, that is talent and technique, both things they no longer have [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] keep in mind IN GENERAL as in "most" of their decicions, particularly the top ten, were decent, DECENT not good.

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Oct 21 2004, 11:52 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Oct 21 2004, 11:52 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]LOL you are particularly "artsy". Metallica should be there... ONE...c'mon that is more than fast, that is talent and technique, both things they no longer have [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] keep in mind IN GENERAL as in "most" of their decicions, particularly the top ten, were decent, DECENT not good.
[snapback]89816[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I'll admit to One being one of the better Metallica songs, but the solo? I don't think that it belongs on such a list. Metal solos perhaps, but not just plain guitar solos in general.

hmm you guys need to appreciate other artists a little bit more, i recon the list is good a couple songs i would of put

aces high-maiden
speed metal symphony-steve vai
slayer-angel of death

btw fade to black should be 7 and one at 24

There was no Slayer, Iron Maiden, or Judas Priest... What the hell is wrong with whoever made that list?! Jeff Hanneman, Dave Murray, KK, come on!

[!--QuoteBegin-Bass Nutz+Jul 19 2004, 11:21 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Bass Nutz @ Jul 19 2004, 11:21 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Nothing from Slayer? Judas Priest?
[snapback]78540[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Slayer and good solo's?

But you're right Judas Priest but also Maiden should have been in that list.

Hi people, I think you are confusing guitar speed and crazy metal solos with good solos. I agree that Yngwie and Vai are maybe the most talented metal guitar players. However, I think Trilogy op 5, should be in the list. But speed playing is not related with a good solo. Confortably Numb is in a worthy #4, because is an amazing solo, and is a more or less easy solo, not very fast.

I'm a metal fan but I don't know why there isn't any acoustic solo in the list. There's life beyond metal guitar. In acoustic world there's a lot of great solos. If you want a great piece of fast guitar, you should take a look at Mediterranean Sundance-Rio ancho of John McLaughlin, Al di Meola & Paco de Lucía, or Tim Reynolds' Stream. In my opinion, Paco de Lucia is the best guitar player. When a duet with Yngwie? It could be a shocking experience.

I don't agree with many of the solos, but with the ones in the beggining of the list i do, maybe sorting them in other way.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] maybe adrian (not dave... he lacks technique)... [/quote]

There is way more to solos than technique!! Thats like saying that Phil Collen plays great solos and Steve Clark(rip) couln't play shit! While they both have very,very good solos!

I think that Marillion should be on that list,is it Steve Rothery?

Anyway,to me it is just as important to be able to hold and not just hammer.

Beefjake

Back