Top 10 movies

For all fans of the horror movies - what about The Nun (2018).... :scared:
I have a few movies ahead of it on my list, but The Nun really was magnificent. I still don't understand the bad reviews, let alone why people keep saying it "relies on cheap jump scares". It had no more scares than the other Conjuring movies did, and mind you, most of them were very creative and deserving.

I have a few movies ahead of it on my list, but The Nun really was magnificent. I still don't understand the bad reviews, let alone why people keep saying it "relies on cheap jump scares". It had no more scares than the other Conjuring movies did, and mind you, most of them were very creative and deserving.

I'm not so big fan of the horror movies, but The Nun was really good. I was really startled at several moments, and when at the end they show her (during the fight with her) I calmed down. :lol: The tension was all the way through the movie and that is the real scare part. Funny, but at the end of the film the nun started to look like Eddie to me and only then I was fully calm. I did not think that a movie could scare me and keep me in a state of tension all the time, haha.

I kind of enjoyed the first half of The Nun because it drew from a lot of old cheesy horror film tropes that it more or less celebrated. There was something cool about the nocturnal graveyards and cobweb hallways which I thought that was a lot of fun. But in the end, the plot didn't have much more to offer, and it went from the good fun to just a lot of old clichés, not to mention that the tone of the film began to be all over the place. Towards the climax, I wasn't sure anymore whether it tried to be a scary Gothic horror or a The Mummy-like adventure film, and that's where it really lost me.

Funny, but at the end of the film the nun started to look like Eddie to me and only then I was fully calm.
Valak actually looks like Marilyn Manson to me, LOL.
I kind of enjoyed the first half of The Nun because it drew from a lot of old cheesy horror film tropes that it more or less celebrated. There was something cool about the nocturnal graveyards and cobweb hallways which I thought that was a lot of fun. But in the end, the plot didn't have much more to offer, and it went from the good fun to just a lot of old clichés, not to mention that the tone of the film began to be all over the place. Towards the climax, I wasn't sure anymore whether it tried to be a scary Gothic horror or a The Mummy-like adventure film, and that's where it really lost me.
See, to me, it never really gave up on the "scary Gothic horror" atmosphere. As for the plot, I do agree that it could've delved a little bit more into the history of Valak, but all in all I felt it tied in well with the rest of the franchise.

I'm with you on the first half though. It really was a lot of fun, and I actually thought it sometimes felt like a theme park horror maze.

Last edited:
Star wars V & VI (they are all good, but V is my all time favorite movie)
Braveheart
Raiders of the lost ark
Lord of the rings trilogy
Terminator II

Back