Top 10 albums since the beginning of the new millennium

Jesus fucking Christ
jesus-fucking-christ-jfc-10616819.png

I would definitely take the last two Kendrick Lamar albums over Tyranny of Souls (the latter of which wouldn’t make any top ten, except maybe a Bruce top ten).

ToS is an awesome record. That said, Kendrick is a very strong rapper and I can see why some would prefer his stuff. Now Nickelback on the other hand....

I like about half of Tyranny of Souls, although it rarely reaches the heights of the previous two solo albums. It’s enjoyable but quite clearly a side project compared to something that Bruce put all of his focus and energy into.

Don't mind me, just enjoying all the power metal releases that seem to have slipped everyone's collective mind

Some borderline contenders to my list:
  • Killing Joke - Absolute Dissent
  • God Is An Astronaut - Age of The Fifth Sun
  • Devin Townsend - Addicted & Epicloud
  • Gojira - L'Enfant Sauvage & From Mars To Sirius
  • Mastodon - Leviathan & Blood Mountain
  • Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets
  • The Prodigy - No Tourists
  • Primordial - To The Nameless Dead
  • Samael - Above
  • The Haunted - rEVOLVEr
  • Iron Maiden - A Matter Of Life And Death
  • Ihsahn - Amr
  • Process Of Guilt - Erosion
  • Mundo Cão - Mundo Cão
  • Cult Of Luna - Eternal Kingdom & Mariner
  • Peter Murphy - Dust
  • Rosetta - Quintissential Epherma
  • Tool - Fear Inoculum

Last edited:
Apparently, even Maiden fans prefer some rapper over Bruce's solo records.
Well, TOS is a great album. A bit far from my favorites but nevertheless I enjoy it tons. That being said (and regarding I really enjoy all time Rap classics like House Of Pain's Same As It Ever Was, Public Enemy's Apocalypse 91 or Beastie Boy's Ill Communication) I can name you a recent album on the said genre that IMO is on the same quality level of TOS: Martyr Loser King by Saul Williams. But then again... although being Rap is millions of miles away from the Kendrick Lammars of this world (content and sound like).

Last edited:
Well, TOS is a great album. A bit far from my favorites but nevertheless I enjoy it tons. That being said (and regarding I really enjoy all time Rap classics like House Of Pain's Same As It Ever Was, Public Enemy's Apocalypse 91 or Beastie Boy's Ill Communication) I can name you a recent album on the said genre that IMO is on the same quality level of TOS: Martyr Loser King by Saul Williams. But then again... although being Rap is millions of miles away from the Kendrick Lammars of this world (content and sound like).

Don't worry I love Beastie Boys, Check Your Head is my fav, and Public Enemy, and the rest of the original old school, but none of it is 21st century.
I wouldn't bat an eye if someone put Licence to Ill in the best 1980s album list.

Back