Time Signatures!

Babo 91 said:
is that first riff in 6/4?

No it's 7/8. Or maybe 7/4.  SMX can hear this better.

Babo 91 said:
the time changes in sign of the cross are interesting

You're right. And in Alexander The Great some really cool stuff happens as well.

well I can only think of Jazz songs at the moment. All Blues by Miles Davis is in 6/8. The difference between 3/4 and 6/8 is that 3/4 plays straight meaning there is no swing or grove just counting 1 2 3. 6/8 first of all I forgot to mention a 6/8 measure is counted 1 2 3 1 2 3. So that is one difference. Count to 3 twice. Now the feel is that 6/8 makes more sense when counted trip-el-let trip-el-let. 3 eigth notes placed together will have a triplet sound no matter what. Hope that makes more sense.

well I can only think of Jazz songs at the moment. All Blues by Miles Davis is in 6/8. The difference between 3/4 and 6/8 is that 3/4 plays straight meaning there is no swing or grove just counting 1 2 3. 6/8 first of all I forgot to mention a 6/8 measure is counted 1 2 3 1 2 3. So that is one difference. Count to 3 twice. Now the feel is that 6/8 makes more sense when counted trip-el-let trip-el-let. 3 eigth notes placed together will have a triplet sound no matter what. Hope that makes more sense.
I think All blues is in 3/4 ,.If you're looking for a 6/8 seeing this is predominantly a metal website how about Nothing Else Matters or Piano Man by Billy Joel fir another genre

Back