This is REALLY f#$%ing cool

[a href=\'http://desktop.google.com/download/earth/index.html\' target=\'_blank\']http://desktop.google.com/download/earth/index.html[/a]

..your welcome [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

wow

really....wow.

This is the best thing I have ever seen designed for a computer. Close-up views of many smaller centres in North America aren't availavle, but let me say this:

Due to financial constraints, I have never been to my nation's capital city, Ottawa. I have never seen the houses of parliament and never meandered down Sussex Drive.
With this program, not only could I take a virtual tour of Ottawa, but I atually saw the Canadian flag on top of the Peace Tower, copper-green roof and all. I feel no shame in saying that it brought a tear to my eye.

Wow. Thank you for bringing this thing to my attention.

.....wow.

Your very welcome [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Cheers

For those who have the program, you can load this up:
Latitude 39 deg., 41' 39.83" N
Longitude 104 deg., 55' 14.45" W
That's where I'm typing this post, right now!

Yes, it's my house. Sort of. The picture is several years old, and it wasn't my house at the time that photo was taken. But it is now.

Or, for anyone attending the Maiden show in Denver on August 9, here's where they'll be playing:
Latitude 39 deg., 36' 01.74" N
Longitude 104 deg., 53' 37.37"
I recommend you zoom to an altitude of 6375 ft. for a good view of the entire venue.

I tried this a week or two ago. Sadly theres no closeup views of my house yet... though maybe thats a good thing!

Too bad I don't have broadband.... [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Heres something to try:
Input all of Maidens gigs on the current tour. Then use the play tour function. It should automatically take you on a tour of all the Maiden venues this tour.
..I think [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-where_eddie_dares+Jul 14 2005, 06:53 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(where_eddie_dares @ Jul 14 2005, 06:53 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Heres something to try:
Input all of Maidens gigs on the current tour. Then use the play tour function. It should automatically take you on a tour of all the Maiden venues this tour.
..I think  [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]112060[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Where's the play tour function? [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Hm...thats quite a nice program. Funny thing: it shows several structures in my small town that've burned down and/or no longer exist

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Guitarist+Jul 15 2005, 01:07 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Guitarist @ Jul 15 2005, 01:07 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Where's the play tour function? [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]112065[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Under the "view" tab.
Looks like you can also set up your own tour in the "my places" directory on the left side of the program under "places"

[!--QuoteBegin-where_eddie_dares+Jul 14 2005, 11:27 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(where_eddie_dares @ Jul 14 2005, 11:27 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Under the "view" tab.
Looks like you can also set up your own tour in the "my places" directory on the left side of the program under "places"
[snapback]112079[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Thanks! That's a very cool function!

[!--QuoteBegin-7thSon_ofa_7thSon+Jul 14 2005, 08:20 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(7thSon_ofa_7thSon @ Jul 14 2005, 08:20 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Hm...thats quite a nice program. Funny thing: it shows several structures in my small town that've burned down and/or no longer exist
[snapback]112077[/snapback]​
[/quote]
That's because many of the satellite photos are several years old. I looked at downtown Denver in that program and hardly recognized sections of it - major construction has drastically altered some parts of my town.

This is awesome... I found my house, my old house in Berlin, my grandparents house... [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Really cool. I've done a great deal of travelling too. [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Woah that is sweet! I found your house SMX! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I found mine too, hurray!

Oh, and everyone interested in something exotic [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--] , type in the following: 48 08' 58.55'' N, 17 07' 56.56'' E. My house.

Back