Thin Lizzy

srfc

Ancient Mariner
According to this, there is no Thin Lizzy thread:eek:

This must be rectified, as there is no band closer to Maiden in terms of guitar harmonies, so if you like harmonies check out Lizzy.

Also, Live and Dangerous is simply a must own album for anyone who likes rock music. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_and_Dangerous

Some classic tracks:

Emerald - Live and Dangerous

Cowboy Song/The Boys are Back in Town - Live and Dangerous (best segue ever)

Waiting for an Alibi - great harmony solo

Wild One - more classic harmony

Opium Trail - great solo from Brian Robertson

Philomena may not have created any great music but she facilitated and nurtured many a lunatic whose music we enjoy to this day. Rock on Sister.

I listened to Vagabonds of the Western World today for the first time. In terms of well know Lizzy songs it has Whiskey in The Jar and The Rocker but I really enjoyed the rest. Its not Lizzy as most people know them. Theres some great minor blues and the kinda low down dirty funk that can be found on Johnny the Fox Meets Jimmy the Weed. Definitely my favourite of the first 3 albums.

Philomena may not have created any great music but she facilitated and nurtured many a lunatic whose music we enjoy to this day. Rock on Sister.

I listened to Vagabonds of the Western World today for the first time. In terms of well know Lizzy songs it has Whiskey in The Jar and The Rocker but I really enjoyed the rest. Its not Lizzy as most people know them. Theres some great minor blues and the kinda low down dirty funk that can be found on Johnny the Fox Meets Jimmy the Weed. Definitely my favourite of the first 3 albums.
You may want to listen to the release below. It really breathes life into the songs from the first 3 albums especially. I actually prefer the versions on this cd .... so much energy!

Also, it's interesting to hear Eric Bell's take on the track "Suicide", way before the Fighting album ;)
515+JAG8xjL__PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg

71gvGC1FqOL__SX522_.jpg

Never heard of that album, must try and find it.

At one of the vibe for Philos, probably about 15 years ago, I saw a line up of Eric Bell, Brian Robertson and Nollaig Bridgeman (who was in Skid Row with Gary Moore and Philo) and I can't remember who was on bass, just playing blues songs, great stuff.

Never heard of that album, must try and find it.

At one of the vibe for Philos, probably about 15 years ago, I saw a line up of Eric Bell, Brian Robertson and Nollaig Bridgeman (who was in Skid Row with Gary Moore and Philo) and I can't remember who was on bass, just playing blues songs, great stuff.
I bought it from Amazon, they still have copies ;)

The discussion on drum solos in the Metallica thread reminded me of seeing Brian Downey nail the solo from Sha La La a few years ago, here's a version from youtube, it wasn't from the show I saw, the guy who is currently in GNR was playing guitar at the show I saw not Viv Campbell.

Back