The worldwide politics thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 7164
  • Start date
Erdoğan winning Turkey isn't as certain as Putin winning Russia or Xi winning China. His party failed to gain a majority two elections ago but gained it back in the snap election couple of months later. Last year's presidential referendum ended 51-49 in favor of his campaign. The possibility of him losing is high enough that he formed a partnership with one of the other major parties in the country heading into this election.

He's the overwhelming favorite obviously, but there is a glimmer of hope.

Don't you have betting on all sorts of stuff in UK? I recall I've read that some guy put money on his newborn grandson playing for Liverpool(?), which came true, and there was a bet before pope Francis. My question is, what's the coefficient for Erdogan winning Turkey or Putin winning Russia or Xi winning China, is it straight 1.0 or can you actually make some money on that safe bet?
Chances are not enough people are interested in (or know anything about) Turkish, Chinese or Russian politics. It's usually more about football or popular/tabloidy topics.

I knew some people who worked at a prestigious school in Swaziland. The king went there, and word has it they had to smuggle a young female employee out of the country real fast when the king took a fancy to her and she was having none of it.

Erdoğan winning Turkey isn't as certain as Putin winning Russia or Xi winning China. His party failed to gain a majority two elections ago but gained it back in the snap election couple of months later. Last year's presidential referendum ended 51-49 in favor of his campaign. The possibility of him losing is high enough that he formed a partnership with one of the other major parties in the country heading into this election.

He's the overwhelming favorite obviously, but there is a glimmer of hope.
None at all. He blocked the possibility to post uncontrolled videos on internet, the last medium some opposition parties had.

Last edited:
He has control over much of the media and pressures the ones he doesn't have control over, but it's not as bleak as you might think. Opposition people do still appear on mainstream television. There are channels that are strictly oppositional, too.

Also, the "block", at least for the time being, is only on paper. They want to do it, but that sort of thing isn't easy to pull off.

That would suck, after all this build up to a war with North Korea...

The meeting seemed sincere, and genuine

110815b1-63d6-4e86-8a3c-702a9d74074f.jpg

Kim asks Moon to step on the North's land, outside the protocol

https://gfycat.com/HarmoniousHatefulHyracotherium

I really can't believe this is happening. If this goes into lasting peace, the good years of Asia are really just about to happen.

"The handshake seals the contract
From the contract there's no turning back
The turning point of a career in Korea, being insincere
The holiday was fun packed
The contract still intact"

Back