The Three Tremors / Trinity

I don’t have the book here with me so I can’t double-check, but was this supposed to be The Three Tremors - as the thread title suggests - or Tenors - which is more related to music?
"The Three Tenors" was already used by three of the most famous opera singers for their shared project. "The Three Tremors" was a pun on that name for doing the metal equivalent with three of the most famous metal singers, which is one of the reasons Bruce wanted Dio for the job. They changed it to "Trinity" for fear of being sued over the "Tremors" name by the opera singers.

I guess Ripper isn't concerned that anyone would care enough about his project to sue them...?

I think he did Halford and Tate impressions on a few lines on the final version.
I can definitely hear Bruce trying to conjure the other vocalists on that song. It’s not hard to imagine what could have been.

fed2ec6ad584afa4a257ce018589a1fd.jpg

Well Ripper let it be known Geoff was still a prick and unbearable to work with, so things haven’t changed much.

Still Operation Mindcrime is untouchable!

I can hear a bit of a Halford-esque tone on these lines:

Hammer the nail into my hand
Anger is ruler in my land
I am the killer of weakness in my head

Well Ripper let it be known Geoff was still a prick and unbearable to work with, so things haven’t changed much.
I got the impression it was something business-related that led to their fallout, since Ripper said he really enjoyed recording and touring with Tate and got along well with him, but for undisclosed reasons was never going to work with him again.

I think it is nonsense to blame Tate.

From Bruce's book I read that Rod did not make it happen. And Bruce a bit too, to be honest.

Rod did not want to have Dio in it. Bruce did not want to do it at all without Dio. I still think he (co-)wrote Tyranny of Souls title track with Tate in his head though. But he himself did not wish to pursue it. He never tried to use someone else. Bruce is boss over this, next to Rod. Not Tate.

Apparently Bruce was the only interested enough in the project to invest some time in the songwriting (I remember an interview with him talking about the songwriting session with Roy Z and the amount of time spent trying to come up with lines for the other two singers to sing - I think it was on Chris Dale's radio show back in 2005), but he probably pulled the plug once he realised that the other(s) were not singing from the same hymn sheet (pun intended).

Tim "The Ripper" Owens
Harry "The Tyrant" Conklin
Sean "The Hell Destroyer" Peck

Missed a trick there, should've called him "The Hell Patrol".

The douchebaggery continues. Unbelievable.

So now imagine my shock when I hear that Ripper Owens has co-opted "The Three Tremors" concept to do it with a couple of nobodies from Jag Panzer and Cage: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ti...he-three-tremors-debut-album-due-in-the-fall/

Is there no shame left in the world...?
The real owner of the name The Three Tremors was and still is Sean Peck. That's why Bruce, Rob and Geoff had to change the name to Trinity. The name Trinity that has also been recently used by Blaze, Geoff and Tim Owens...

The real owner of the name The Three Tremors was and still is Sean Peck. That's why Bruce, Rob and Geoff had to change the name to Trinity.
Contemporaneous source, please. This is the first I’ve ever heard of Sean Peck supposedly owning the name circa 20 years ago.

EDIT: Here’s an interview with the group where Sean Peck refers to the original Dickinson / Halford / Tate project as an “urban legend” that he was bummed never happened, so he picked up the idea later and ran with it. You’d think he’d mention that he held the name back then and the big boys had to change the name because of him if that were even remotely true.

Last edited:
Contemporaneous source, please. This is the first I’ve ever heard of Sean Peck supposedly owning the name circa 20 years ago.

EDIT: Here’s an interview with the group where Sean Peck refers to the original Dickinson / Halford / Tate project as an “urban legend” that he was bummed never happened, so he picked up the idea later and ran with it. You’d think he’d mention that he held the name back then and the big boys had to change the name because of him if that were even remotely true.
Maybe Bruce, Geoff and Rob didn't legally save the name of their project. That's why Sean copyrighted it, because he thought that it was a cool name and more evident for him and his colleagues Harry and Tim... And about the source, I've read it on Blabbermouth three or four years ago.

Maybe Bruce, Geoff and Rob didn't legally save the name of their project. That's why Sean copyrighted it, because he thought that it was a cool name and more evident for him and his colleagues Harry and Tim... And about the source, I've read it on Blabbermouth three or four years ago.
He copyrighted it, but long after the original Tremors idea fell through.

Back