The Three Tremors / Trinity

Jer

A window to the west, a blazing star above
I'm sure folks around here know about the project that Bruce, Rob Halford, and Geoff Tate were planning to do around the turn of the millennium, which they were going to call "The Three Tremors", and then changed their minds to call it "Trinity". They started writing songs for the album and then realized it was going to be harder than originally thought to get it right, and they ran out of time to get it done. "The One You Love To Hate" was used on a Halford album, and "A Tyranny Of Souls" was on Bruce's album of the same name. (I'm not sure what the third song was.)

Anyway, fast forward to a couple of years ago, and Geoff Tate got Ripper Owens and Blaze Bayley to join him for a song on his Operation:Mindcrime Resurrection album. They apparently got along swimmingly and decided to do a short tour together, which Tate called "Trinity". What would have once been a project with the lead singers of Maiden, Priest, and Queensryche suddenly became the JV version with the ex-singers of Maiden, Priest, and Queensryche.

So now imagine my shock when I hear that Ripper Owens has co-opted "The Three Tremors" concept to do it with a couple of nobodies from Jag Panzer and Cage: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ti...he-three-tremors-debut-album-due-in-the-fall/

Is there no shame left in the world...?

In Bruces book I'm sure he claimed Tate was the reason it fell apart.

Should've been Dio anyway. There was probably a good reason why he wasn't involved, I don't know what it is though. That may have been in the book too...

From What Does This Button Do?:

I wanted Ronnie Dio from Black Sabbath and Rainbow and Rob Halford from Judas Priest alongside me, and I think probably everyone else on the planet would have done, too*. Rod Smallwood was vehemently against Ronnie. I suspect it was because he didn't see eye to eye with Ronnies manager, Wendy Dio. In any case, Rod suggested Geoff Tate, Queensryches singer, to complete the triumvirate. (page 295)

Correct

A meeting with Geoff Tate sealed the fate of the project. We didn't see eye to eye about almost everything. I never wanted him in the first place. I always would have picked Ronnie Dio.
(page 296)

GODDAMMIT ROD.

In Bruces book I'm sure he claimed Tate was the reason it fell apart.

Should've been Dio anyway. There was probably a good reason why he wasn't involved, I don't know what it is though. That may have been in the book too...
I think it is nonsense to blame Tate.

From Bruce's book I read that Rod did not make it happen. And Bruce a bit too, to be honest.

Rod did not want to have Dio in it. Bruce did not want to do it at all without Dio. I still think he (co-)wrote Tyranny of Souls title track with Tate in his head though. But he himself did not wish to pursue it. He never tried to use someone else. Bruce is boss over this, next to Rod. Not Tate.

Last edited:
Have you guys noticed the intentional similarities with Maiden titles/lyrics in their album's tracklist? They're hoping for extra hits when someone googles for Maiden, Bruce and (the original) Three Tremors.

01. Invaders From The Sky
02. Bullets For The Damned
03. When The Last Scream Fades (If Eternity fails)
04. Wrath Of Asgard
05. The Cause
06. King Of The Monsters
07. The Pit Shows No Mercy
08. Sonic Suicide
09. Fly Or Die (Run, live to Fly... Do or Die)
10. Lust Of The Blade (Flash of the Blade)
11. Speed To Burn (Speed of Light)
12. The Three Tremors (bonus track)

Last edited:
I think it is nonsense to blame Tate.

He and Bruce probably didn't "see eye to eye" because Bruce didn't want Tate there. I know Tate has a bit of a reputation for being a total knob, but I can't imagine him passing up an opportunity like this. It's not as though they had never met before, Tate had toured with Bruce and Halford, and there's even a live performance of him, Rob and Bruce performing The One You Love To Hate.

I don’t have the book here with me so I can’t double-check, but was this supposed to be The Three Tremors - as the thread title suggests - or Tenors - which is more related to music?

Have you guys noticed the intentional similarities with Maiden titles/lyrics in their album's tracklist? They're hoping for extra hits when someone googles for Maiden, Bruce and (the original) Three Tremors.
Isn’t this a bit of a stretch?

Its a shame that the original «Trinity» thing didn’t happend. But three big egos woudn’t have worked together for a long time anyway

They are all gentlemen, but a man who calls himself Metal God and won’t sing other peoples songs, and the other had problems working with Ritchie Blackmore, Tony Iommi and his original band members, so I guess they have some self pride

I think Metal God was started more by the fans to be fair to Rob, and doesn't everyone have a problem with working with Richie Blackmore? :p

Reading Bruces book again, he says he recorded a demo of Tyranny of Souls with him doing impressions of Halford and Dio where he wanted them to sing. Would love to hear that!

Back