The Thin Line Between Love and Hate

How good is The Thin Line Between Love and Hate on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
This song is one of my favorite Maiden songos ever, for about 15 years, before this Brave New World was my favorite of the album, but for quite some time I’ve realized how amazing this song is. At first I’ve fell in love with its last 3 minutes, but the song just grew on me and became one of my favorite songs in Maiden’s discography.

The thing is, This song have some of the quirks I’ve always appreciated on my favorites, it was quite unique and different than maiden’s Discography. It is more melodic and well thought in its instrumental and lyrics than most songs.

I love some of Maiden’s weirdest songs, but this one strikes me as powerful and beautiful as the guys ever sounded before or after.

They put some wonderful songs lately, but The Thin Line still is unique with its unusual riffs and delivery.

10/10

Possibly their best album closer and perhaps the best song on BNW? I can't fault it and I wish they had done it live. 10/10

Serious question though. What exactly did Nicko "fucking miss"?

Possibly their best album closer and perhaps the best song on BNW? I can't fault it and I wish they had done it live. 10/10

A fantastic song indeed, with soaring vocals and some amazing guitar work (mostly) by Davey.

I think Nicko thought he had missed some cymbal hits at the end of the song (I don't think he did though).

Probably nothing in the final mix, but the outtake was probably too good in their opinions not to leave in. I love it. Kinda feels like a display of re-found friendships.

Back