The Ten Commandments

Status
Not open for further replies.

MigDaimon

Trooper
The Ten Commandments which in fact are Twelve

Commandment 00 - The following commandments were written as a way to organise the thoughts and behaviour of any Maiden Fan. That doesn´t mean that the fan must have a blind faith in them. Its ADVISABLE that any fan TRY to make his life AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to the way expressed in here. This goes to the others commandments too, making this, the Commandment 00, THE ONLY ABSOLUT COMMANDMENT

Commandment 01 - Every maiden fan must do what is possible to know, in a very deep way, all the songs. That means to know the lyrics and its meanings, as well as artistic, poetic, historic, social, politic or any other inspirations. Its advisable too to know by memory all the lyrics, but little mistakes and/or memory lapses are perfectly commom.

Commandment 02 - Every maiden fan must do what is possible to know the History of the band. Trajectory, phases, line-ups and also the historical context in which the albuns came out

Commandment 03 - Every maiden fan knows that the band is formed by various members (six nowadays). So he doesn´t listen to the songs due to X or Y member. The focus must be the whole, not the individuals. Also he doesn´t blame Y or X member for a song or album that he thinks is bad. Every maiden fan knows the IMPORTANCE that the members have or had. The fact that he doesn´t like a member must not interfere in the importance principle.

Commandment 04 - Every fan must keep in mind that the band is formed by human beings, who make right and wrong things. It should be kept in mind also that neither the band nor the members are gods or something like that. Every fan must distinguish passion from reason. In other words, Steve Harris might be your favourite bassist, but you don´t say he is the best in the world. Only say that his is your favourite.

Commandment 05 - There are no bad songs. Here comes again the importance principle. The fan have all the rights to not like a song, but he shouldn´t deny, reject or take any negative attitude to it. He must have the consciousness that, for him, that song says nothing.

Commandment 06 - The fan must know that the world doesn´t rotate around Iron Maiden. So he shouldn´t stuck his head in a groundhole or lock himself in his little world. The fan must have contact with other bands and even be a fan of them.

Commandment 07 - Always as possible the fan must go to concerts. Be it on the ground or at the terraces. Or even outside the stadium ! You gotta go !

Commandment 08 - No maiden fan should enter in a hollow discussion with fans from another band that disrespect Iron Maiden. No maiden fan should go on hollow discussions with other musicians that may attack the band and/or member in a pointless way. Blind passion must be kept aside and you must know that unbiased opinions are the most commom. Good and biased opinions are rare and must be heard. Of course, the fan is free to agree or not with good opinions.

Commandment 09 - Every maiden fan must try to attract new fans. But you must not impose that. And do not do this thinking that you are doing a favor to the other person.

Commandment 10 - One of the greatest messages that Iron Maiden say in its songs is freddom of thinking. You must take this very seriously and try to make it as one pillar to your life. You must remember the freddom of thinking EVEN WHEN READING THESE COMMANDMENTS (see Commandment 00)

Commandment 11 - EVERY FAN MUST START TO SING HALLOWED BE THY NAME WHEN HEARING A BELL. THE BELL CAN BE IN THE TV, THE RADIO OR EVEN (AND MOSTLY) IN THE CHURCH. IT DOESN´T MATTER. JUST GO "I´M WAITING..."

You forgot the most important commandment: THOU SHALT WORSHIP THE VERY GROUND ADRIAN SMITH TREADS ON! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Commandment 14:
All Maiden fans must name their first child after a member of the band.
The following names are also acceptable: Eddie, Charlotte, Alexander.

(Seriously: nice post, Mig!)

Well, I have named my seven sons Prowler, Drifter, Trooper, Assassin, Unbeliever, Mercenary and Rainmaker [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

(seriously too: nice post, Mig! [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

I think there's a lot of advice in here that could be incorporated into the n00b thread...but I think that the MiG deserves credit.

Mav, I think you know what to do with this one...

Hey Mav! It's me,AncientMariner1309!I'm Back!!!!! And you can kiss my Blarney Stone!!! Hee Hee Hee!!!

AncientMariner1309, you may not be back for long if you carry on being that dumb [!--emo&<_<--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dry.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dry.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Nice post mig, and in reponse to Mav, i think we need to worship the ground every band member treads on be they past or present.

I like the one about the bells and hallowed be thy name, i have actually done that before [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Aug 12 2004, 12:27 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Aug 12 2004, 12:27 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I like the one about the bells and hallowed be thy name, i have actually done that before [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]82587[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only weirdo who's done that! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Aug 12 2004, 12:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Aug 12 2004, 12:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'm glad to see that I'm not the only weirdo who's done that!   [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]82599[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Of course not ! I do it everytime I hear a bell !

Once, while in a store with a friend I saw a trash can made of metal and I had a pen in my pocket. I had no doubt. I took the it and "played". The most funny is that my friend started singing hallowed ! [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Aug 11 2004, 08:03 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Aug 11 2004, 08:03 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]You forgot the most important commandment: THOU SHALT WORSHIP THE VERY GROUND ADRIAN SMITH TREADS ON!   [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]82527[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I totally agree with you!

[!--QuoteBegin-AncientMariner1309+Aug 11 2004, 08:36 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(AncientMariner1309 @ Aug 11 2004, 08:36 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Hey Mav! It's me,AncientMariner1309!I'm Back!!!!! And you can kiss my Blarney Stone!!! Hee Hee Hee!!!
[snapback]82543[/snapback]​
[/quote]

oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

[!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] idiot

why God? why?

Nice commandments!
Not one weak commandment, excellent!

Great post! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm happy to see that i've respecting all of them, even if i didn't know them. Is this the start of a new religion?

Well, this started on another BB. Some one asked what was the ten Commandments for a Maiden fan. And then people started to post bullshits, absolutly for fun.

I took it funny too, but then I got myself thinking in a serious way what would be those commandments. Then I came with this 12 things. I tried to make them as fair as possible. I thought "How do I act and how do I like people to act when the subject is Maiden"

I am very glad you aprove them ! That means I have a little bit of that jelly redish thing that some people call BRAIN. Now I just have to find out what do I do with that !!! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Great commandments [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

My own personal commandement is Thou Shalt worship the great guitar God that is Dave Murray [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Times that i've been in church...when they say the Lords Prayer and get to the part that says hallowed be thy name...i have been tempted more than once to stand up and scream...YEAHHHHH YEAHH YEAHHHHH [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-EddiesGran+Aug 28 2004, 11:21 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(EddiesGran @ Aug 28 2004, 11:21 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
Times that i've been in church...when they say the Lords Prayer and get to the part that says hallowed be thy name...i have been tempted more than once to stand up and scream...YEAHHHHH YEAHH YEAHHHHH   [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]84837[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Hehe, I don't sing it out loud but I do think about it when we get to that part!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back