1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Red And The Black

Discussion in 'The Book of Souls' started by SinisterMinisterX, Aug 22, 2015.

?

How good is The Red and the Black on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

24.6%
  2. 9

21.1%
  3. 8

22.8%
  4. 7

12.3%
  5. 6

8.8%
  6. 5

1.8%
  7. 4

3.5%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.8%
  10. 1

3.5%
  1. Dagonal

Dagonal Prowler

I quite liked this song on the album, but I absolutely loved it live, a complete highlight. It really felt like a journey, and the instrumental section blew by, it felt like it only lasted 2 minutes.

2. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

@srfc Not sure if people want to zoom in extensively in a different took so I drew you you here, also since you did not click on the link I posted.

3. Dentura

Dentura Invader

The guitar work in the first half of the album reminds me a lot of Rime of the Ancient Mariner, but not as if it was stealing from it, more like they're channeling a fountain of youth of sorts. The first couple of verses are really hard to sing, but the way Bruce spits out these really fast lyrics would be a struggle for most other vocalists without sounding incomprehensible. The music can get a little repetitive and drawn-out sometimes, but it still sounds like classic Maiden and the 13 minutes still don't feel all that long. A fun song. 8.75/10 (which I'll round up to a 9)