The Parchment

How good is The Parchment on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
One of Maiden's best epics/songs, especially in terms of the feel. Love all the Egyptian melodies, vibe and storytelling of it. Epic intro, epic main melody! Really heavy riff. Great verses with the guitar following the vocals. The long instrumental section is so captivating with the melodies and drumming. Just perfect. Janick is always very good with those kind of solos - his 3rd solo is one of his all time best! Dave's solo is also one of his best, while Adrian's 1st solo is so cool, fitting and needed, while his 2nd solo is also good. You just can't go wrong with Maiden solos that fit the vibe of the song. Never! The different melody along with the 2nd verses is the backbone of the song. More epic melodies. ''Meet me there'' part is one of the most epic moments in Maiden's discography. The another different and great melody after that for the outro is perfect and it sounds majestic. The fast part is what the song just needed. It doesn't need a chorus, but I wish Steve wrote one, although it probably would have been repeated only once in this long song with different parts. I mean, this song is a picture-esque joureny. It continues to amaze me. 10/10

One of Maiden's best epics/songs, especially in terms of the feel. Love all the Egyptian melodies, vibe and storytelling of it. Epic intro, epic main melody! Really heavy riff. Great verses with the guitar following the vocals. The long instrumental section is so captivating with the melodies and drumming. Just perfect. Janick is always very good with those kind of solos - his 3rd solo is one of his all time best! Dave's solo is also one of his best, while Adrian's 1st solo is so cool, fitting and needed, while his 2nd solo is also good. You just can't go wrong with Maiden solos that fit the vibe of the song. Never! The different melody along with the 2nd verses is the backbone of the song. More epic melodies. ''Meet me there'' part is one of the most epic moments in Maiden's discography. The another different and great melody after that for the outro is perfect and it sounds majestic. The fast part is what the song just needed. It doesn't need a chorus, but I wish Steve wrote one, although it probably would have been repeated only once in this long song with different parts. I mean, this song is a picture-esque joureny. It continues to amaze me. 10/10
I just dont get it. 3/10 for me

Back