the Official fan club forum

I know its not affiliated, I know there alot of people that visit both, maybe someone could confirm if the other board is closed right now, or maybe its my problem

i they did it to take some heat off the server. It will probally reopen when they quit with stupid countdowns

Don Dokken said:
i they did it to take some heat off the server. It will probally reopen when they quit with stupid countdowns
And you actually believe that excuse they give? Please. They've had that bullshit message up since June.

We thought it would be like that for a few days but it has remained closed for months.
It's hard to believe that Maiden asks money for a plain forum sign up.Is there any other band doing the same thing?

I don't folks sign up exclusively to use the BB.  It's a nice option.  But for me the FC presales more than pay for themselves which is why I continue to be an active member.

Donner said:
I don't folks sign up exclusively to use the BB.  It's a nice option.  But for me the FC presales more than pay for themselves which is why I continue to be an active member.

This is the same for me.

<i>They closed the official free forum some time ago.

i they did it to take some heat off the server.

They've had that bullshit message up since June.</i>

Actually, it's been like that as early as March...

I spent a lot of time in the free forum (I only came here, after they NEVER re-opened it). And the forum went down a few days after all of the US dates were announced (March 20, was it?)

And it still says the same BS even now. "The Iron Maiden Forum is closed for a bit to take the heat off the server - sorry for the inconvenience." Well obviously, a bit to them is at least 8 months.

I even wrote the site/fanclub members asking if they were ever gonna re-open the free forum. Wrote them four times, and never once got a reply.

No worries, I like this forum now. it's not as active as the one on their website, but who cares

That's true.
It closed for a few days some time during spring and reopened and then a few days later it closed again for good.THE mod had told me that it was only a matter of time until it reopened again but I guess he was misinformed.

Obviously the ''take the heat off the server'' message is crap but if they wanted to get rid of the free forum wouldn't they remove the forum tab?I'm still logged in anyway.

After the first time, when they closed the Forum, I remember there was 2 or 3 hours when it worked again, but.. just after that, they closed it again, and this is it.

We've got lucky with this forum :), and there is a one more, I mean Bruce's forum, on his website, screamforme.com

This forum is great and the other forum is great. Both seem to be about the same as far as discussion goes. Hell, if it ever re-opens, I'll be chatting at both places. :)

I registered the LooseCannon name at the official forum, and signed in every few months to protect it. Save for that, I've never posted there.

It was full of the "FUCK JANICK BALZE SUX" stuff when I came into the scene in 2001. I never bothered going back really. The atmosphere here is something I treasure, and I have made some of my good friends on this website. The way the Maidenfans forum approaches things is tailor-made for a small community. It's evolved over the years to become more open and friendly, which has cost us (good ol' Mav and Freaky and several others of the old crowd went the way of the dodo because of it) some of our more famous members, but I think we've done what we set out to do: keep the discussion intelligent and make sure that we can be respectful all the time.

I never saw much of that at the official forum.

That's why this is the only musical forum I still post on.  Most forums allow too many "This SUX and only stoopid poepl disgree" kind of posts.

I still wonder what happened to a mod from there named Buggerflicker though.
snake plissken said:
Miss the old forum, I absolutely refuse to pay money to talk about Maiden online though.
Well, if I were to pay for a FC membership, it wouldn't be for the forum, but for the other goodies that you get.

the forum nowadays is a lot more pro blaze/Janick. In fact there was a Janick Appreciation thread. I like it here more though

Back