The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Just so you know, setlist.fm is posting bullshit like The Pilgrim (?), and also 2 minutes to midnight, which isn't even confirmed yet

So CotD's out and replaced by one of the most boring and honestly overplayed songs they have. Not bad. At least this means that whatever's replacing Tears isn't going to get thrown out two gigs in and replaced by Wrathchild.

Unless... they just remove it and shorten the set to 14 songs instead. Which would cross over to being blatantly spiteful!

Now setlist.fm shows

IESF
SoL
Wrathchild
CotD
DoG
TRATB

Really hoping this is true and Children of the Damned stayed on the setlist, but still sad to see probably Tears get dropped for Wrathchild

So far, this matches Bruce's handwritten set (as far as we could tell). So we may be looking at a 16-song setlist again this year with the addition of Wrathchild!

Oh cool. So there's still a chance they didn't do the one thing I doubt anyone wanted and replaced a new song with Wrathchild.

Not holding my breath though, a 16-song set would run probably overlong.

Regarding Wrathchild, it's not a favourite of mine but can it really be considered overplayed over the last few years?

I've been to five Maiden shows across four tours since 2008 and I've yet to see it played live. In fact for a UK fan I think the only time any of us would have heard it is at Sonisphere in 2010.

Oh cool. So there's still a chance they didn't do the one thing I doubt anyone wanted and replaced a new song with Wrathchild.

You really have a personal issue with Wrathchild, eh? :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Wait, wait, wait. I think Bruce's handwritten setlist may have its top song covered by the black tape, which could indicate it is a 16-song set after all. Somebody take a closer look at it too, I might just be getting desperate and seeing things.

e: Yes, I absolutely have plenty of issues with Wrathchild. For one thing, if they're doing the live DVD on this leg, then that's yet another Wrathchild live take to add to my collection. This is literally worse than the end of the world. No man needs that many Wrathchilds.

I'm not too fussed about Wrathchild being added, it'll be a song I've never heard live. And if it's not replacing anything, I cant complain really.

Regarding Wrathchild, it's not a favourite of mine but can it really be considered overplayed over the last few years?

I've been to five Maiden shows across four tours since 2008 and I've yet to see it played live. In fact for a UK fan I think the only time any of us would have heard it is at Sonisphere in 2010.
The problem with Wrathchild is that it's THE song they go to when they mix up their setlists. 2009/2010/2014 and now 2017. It's so boring.

Possibly, but they are playing TRATB significantly faster than the first few 2016 dates so it's really more of a 9-10 minute tune as opposed to 13.

Wait, wait, wait. I think Bruce's handwritten setlist may have its top song covered by the black tape, which could indicate it is a 16-song set after all. Somebody take a closer look at it too, I might just be getting desperate and seeing things.
I'm thinking Wrathchild is the song we think is The Great Unknown. They moved it to an earlier spot.

Back