The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

She was a very old 'play classics' fan. She kept screaming for them to play Run to the Hills. I was justified. :D

What if someone yelled
“Play Classics” near your head
"Hopes are high in these American circles
Your career won’t have to end
You’d have hits again.."

What if someone said
“reunion stuff instead
We want to hear something highly controversial
The right to art is strong
Can you say it’s wrong?…"

Maidenheads have reached a turning point
Poised for conflict at all concerts
Ready for a war
Do we look to JudasMyGuide
Or to 80’s folks' remembering
Searching for some fun

Are you justified? Are you justified?
Justified in taking sticks for revenge
Sticks for revenge
Sticks for revenge

I was there as well. I'm still kinda gleaming from it...a week later. It was a great, great show. They sounded so much better than when I saw them there in 2006. We drove up from Columbus and it was worth it. I was also at the pre-party at the bar across the street earlier meeting all kinda fellow metalheads.

I was also in Detroit and loved the show and also drove over 300 miles to see it. However, when getting a great opportunity like The Raven Age are don't ya think it'd be smart for their monotone singer to not say things like, "If you don't like us, then f%#k off. We're just here to warm you up for Maiden."? To me it was unbelievable and I'm glad not everybody heard it including who I had with me. I think Maiden should reconsider letting them open anymore at all after that. I'd have sent them packing right there. The singer is not right for the band IMHO and that kind of attitude has no place in a professional atmosphere either.

Ha! I've no opinion of Spokane one way or the other because I've never been there. Had these people been from Bainbridge Island, I'd have called them hosers from Bainbridge Island.

They were actually cool, fellow Maiden fans, otherwise I wouldn't have shared a cab ride with them .Cabs and Uber were scarce after the show let out.

Interesting, we were both at the Vegas and Tacoma shows and seems we have similar opinions of how they each went.
Ah good!
And yes, I believe that shows that they've improved!

Attachments

• IMG_2988.JPG
    IMG_2988.JPG
    536.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2991.JPG
    IMG_2991.JPG
    485.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2993.JPG
    IMG_2993.JPG
    472.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2994.JPG
    IMG_2994.JPG
    495 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2995.JPG
    IMG_2995.JPG
    358 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2996.JPG
    IMG_2996.JPG
    384.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3004.JPG
    IMG_3004.JPG
    555.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3034.JPG
    IMG_3034.JPG
    471.1 KB · Views: 18
Is Janick's Les Paul new? I don't remember seeing that in Vegas.

Is Janick's Les Paul new? I don't remember seeing that in Vegas.
I'm not sure, but it sure looks new. The rest of his guitars are all beat up. I remember seeing two that were missing paint. I'm not sure if that was on purpose or not.

I was also in Detroit and loved the show and also drove over 300 miles to see it. However, when getting a great opportunity like The Raven Age are don't ya think it'd be smart for their monotone singer to not say things like, "If you don't like us, then f%#k off. We're just here to warm you up for Maiden."? To me it was unbelievable and I'm glad not everybody heard it including who I had with me. I think Maiden should reconsider letting them open anymore at all after that. I'd have sent them packing right there. The singer is not right for the band IMHO and that kind of attitude has no place in a professional atmosphere either.
I didn't see them. I got in the arena when they were finishing up...and I spent that time buying a t-shirt, a tour flag and beer.

I have never seen Janick with a Les Paul on stage before this tour, but it's possible that the one in this picture belonged to him (Picture from Fear of the Dark-era):
64.jpg
But I don't think that he used it live.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never seen Janick with a Les Paul on stage before this tour, but it's possible that the one in this picture belonged to him (Picture from Fear of the Dark-era):
64.jpg
But I don't think that he used it live.

That one is a Gibson and has uncovered humbuckers. He plays an Epiphone black beauty with 3 gold covered humbuckers.

If you want to know what Jan plays these days during concerts:

IESF - Epiphone Black Beauty in Drop D
SOL - Wireless Cream stratocaster with 3 black pickups
COTD - Main Black Stratocaster
TOAC - Main Black Stratocaster
TRATB - Main Black Stratocaster
Trooper - Sunburst Sandberg Stratocaster
Powerslave - White Stratocaster (his #2 guitar)
DOG - Main Black Stratocaster
TBOS - Main Black Stratocaster
HBTN - Main Black Stratocaster
FOTD - White Stratocaster (his #2 guitar)
IM - White Spirit Stratocaster, Wireless (his first strat)
TNOTB - Main Black Stratocaster
BB - White Stratocaster (his #2 guitar)
WY - White Stratocaster (his #2 guitar)

Note: Sometimes his black strat would go out of tune so he would switch to White Strat.

Dave:

IESF - Black 70's reissue strat with Duncans in HSH configuration, sometimes: main Sunburst California Series Strat
SOL - Same
COTD - Same
TOAC - Sunburst Les Paul Axcess with Duncans, sometimes: Cream Floyd Rose Classic Strat
TRATB - Same as TOAC
Trooper - Cream Floyd Rose Classic Strat, sometimes: main Sunburst California Series Strat
Powerslave - Same as TOAC
DOG - Same as TOAC
The remainder of the songs is the main Sunburst California Series Strat.

Note: On the first few shows 70's Stratocaster was used in places of the other two Strats.

H:

IESF, TNOB - 2007 Jackson Signature Prototype with maple fingerboard and black pickguard in Drop D
SOL, COTD, Powerslave and DOG - Production Jackson Adrian Smith Model with white pickguard, ebony fingerboard and Seymour Duncan bridge pickup
TRATB, Trooper, TBOS, HBTN, BB, WY - 2007 Jackson Signature Prototype with ebony fingerboard and white pickguard
FOTD, IM - Gibson Slash Rosso Corsa signature Les Paul in Drop D

Is Dave still using the Les Paul some of the time, then? I thought he'd gone completely back to Strats.

Is Dave still using the Les Paul some of the time, then? I thought he'd gone completely back to Strats.

It depends. In most of the shows he does for those 4 songs, but on a few shows he used the White Strat on those 4 instead and the main Strat on all of the other songs.

Back