The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Riot Fest in September? :clap:

Wishful thinking, of course. Since the band skipped pretty large North American markets this year, I thought there might be another leg next year. If Chicago is getting a second show, though, it might be a different tour.

Apparently, there's a rumor out there that Maiden could actually be headlining Riot Fest this year. I've been told to take that with a grain of salt, though, so I wouldn't be making any plans just yet. If Maiden were, in fact, headlining the fest, though, that could mean both Chicago and Denver are getting second shows (I think Toronto's Riot Fest has been cancelled for this year). With Riot Fest being in September for both Chicago and Denver, there wouldn't be any conflicts with the rest of the touring schedule, so I could see it working out logistically, unless someone from the band already said that touring would be done by August with no other shows possible. The fest usually unveils its lineups in May, so we'll see then.

Actually, didn't the band say there would be 73 shows on this tour? As of now, there are 71 dates announced. I definitely don't want to get my hopes up, but the numbers are friendly.

Maiden plays Denver on April 13, so we'll have to keep our ears open. If Bruce decides to drop hints of future plans there like he did in Chicago, THAT would be very interesting.

Riot Fest caters to the punk/metal crowd, and with the band already doing shows this year in Chicago and Denver, maybe the setlist would change a bit. This year is the 35th anniversary of Killers after all, and Riot Fest often shocks me with getting bands to do special sets (not that Maiden is known for special sets).

I hope I'm not getting excited over nothing. :p

@StormTheTrooper , you like GnR? Im listening to a live stream on youtube of their gig in vegas. Deadly

I like, but not a lot. I fell asleep right after i came back from college, so i'll watch the videos only now.
I'll go to their show if they came to my city and if they don't put the prices up to R$ 600,00 the cheapiest. But i'll not travel to São Paulo, though. Only 5 bands would make me travel: Iron Maiden, Metallica, Black Sabbath, (a reunited) Led Zeppelin and (a reunited) Pink Floyd

Actually, didn't the band say there would be 73 shows on this tour? As of now, there are 71 dates announced. I definitely don't want to get my hopes up, but the numbers are friendly.

Maiden plays Denver on April 13, so we'll have to keep our ears open. If Bruce decides to drop hints of future plans there like he did in Chicago, THAT would be very interesting.

Riot Fest caters to the punk/metal crowd, and with the band already doing shows this year in Chicago and Denver, maybe the setlist would change a bit. This year is the 35th anniversary of Killers after all, and Riot Fest often shocks me with getting bands to do special sets (not that Maiden is known for special sets).

I hope I'm not getting excited over nothing. :p

But didn't the band announced Budaphest already? That would make 72 shows. With the "surprise" concert at the O2 in London, that would be 73.

Maiden will play again in North America and Europe next year, i'm pretty sure about that

Just curious, was there a Detriot event shirt? Cuz there would be an event shirt on every Americsn show this year is there was.

Just curious, was there a Detriot event shirt? Cuz there would be an event shirt on every Americsn show this year is there was.

I don't think there was. Ran into a person at Chicago who said they were at the Detroit concert and they said they didn't have a shirt. Just going by this one person, though.

Or not twice I guess lol. We entered another account for Tacoma and were weirdly drawn for Vancouver, which we don't have tickets for. Trying to get that sorted out though. I will still be attending first to the barrier in Tacoma though because it was my ticket that won.

But didn't the band announced Budaphest already? That would make 72 shows. With the "surprise" concert at the O2 in London, that would be 73.

Maiden will play again in North America and Europe next year, i'm pretty sure about that
Bucharest was number 71. So two shows in London is my guess

I can't see them making a shirt of Eddie smoking marijuana, so a Denver shirt is probably out of the question.

As soon as I got to Seattle.. Ed Force One!!!

Edit: kind of a bad picture, but that was definitely it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    554.2 KB · Views: 32
Back