The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

^ I wouldn't always go by the shirts... we got SIASL shirts from SIT a lot and never heard it played. I will say, if Ghost is played, I'm happy, if Powerslave is played, I'm really happy... they could drop 2mtm and NOTB for all I care

I am hoping you're right though...

It would be soooo amazing if Powerslave is played... The thought of seeing Dave playing that solo makes me extremely happy!

Maiden hype!

Too bad that the show tonight is so late my time or I'd probably stay up all night to catch the sights and sounds on the interwebs. Also I'm totally fine with the setlist that's been posted if it turns out to be genuine.

Yeah, do not go by the shirts - they don't always indicate what is or is not being played.

I'll be happy if the leaked set is what they do, that works for me. All of my favorite BOS songs for the most part and some classics. Just don't like Blood Brothers, maybe I'll hit the merch stand during that song (have seats for all my shows).

OR, maybe they are celebrating the 16 year anniversary of Brave New World! :p Damn, that album being 16 years old makes me feel ancient ha.

I'm also fine if the leaked setlist is true. My only complaint is the lack of AMOLAD songs. But six songs from BOS is great! Anyway.... ONE MONTH FOR ME!!! CAN'T WAIT!

We should make a specific thread for Vegas in a week or so, and likewise for Chicago in about a month. Just to hammer out all the details and get a role call. I'm pretty sure we discussed meeting at bars for both since no one really has a home base ...?
Do any of the members going to Chicago show LIVE in Chicago so he/she can suggest a meeting place close to the United Center?

Running time of the studio recordings with the exception of "Iron Maiden":
If Eternity Should Fail 8:28
Speed of Light 5:01
Brave New World 6:18
The Trooper 4:10
The Red and The Black 13:33 (!)
Death or Glory 5:13
Children of the Damned 4:34
Blood Brothers 7:14
Tears of a Clown 4:59
Wasted Years 5:06
The Book of Souls 10:27 (!)
Fear of the Dark 7:16
Iron Maiden 5:08 (En Vivo version)
The Number of the Beast 4:25
The Wickerman 4:35
Hallowed Be Thy Name 7:08

That's a very complex set and some difficult songs to play, it is enough with 16 songs!

And interesting to see Hallowed again, I hope that Bruce can sing it well, otherwise I can see it being replaced soon.
Oh, I forgot about those damn extra 5 minutes of TRATB :(

I think they will, by releasing Live At Donington '07 on CD and DVD (according to Kevin Shirley's website, the latter has mixed it).
That would suck! They only played half of AMOLAD on that leg of the tour. They need to release a CD/DVD/Blu-ray of the FIRST leg of the tour where they played the ENTIRE CD!

Haven't looked at any set lists yet. Nor am I going to as I'm seeing them Sunday. I'm wondering what those rare song Bruce said there was gonna be were.
I think Icarus is the most likely, and killers would be epic.

Chicago will be my first Maiden show. 39 years old and will finally be able to cross The Beast off my bucket list. Will definitely be getting the Chicago event T-shirt.

Back