The next Survivor victim? Suggestions welcome.

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
When Hendrix Survivor wraps up, it will be followed by a band from the last decade. I'm currently considering two candidates: Mastodon and Avenged Sevenfold. If you have another good idea, post it here - but remember, it's got to be a band who first attained prominence in the 2000s.

Also remember: it doesn't have to be metal. Mainstream or alternative rock is also OK, if you can find any good bands from the last decade. </grumpy old man>

You don't have to nominate a band. If you support Mastodon or A7X or anyone else's idea, post it. There won't be a poll - it's my choice in the end - but I'll take stuff posted here into consideration.

Whilst I wouldn't be able to play I keep thinking that I need to get into those bands because they sound pretty good.

Only other suggestion is Coheed and Cambria, I have a couple of albums and could get the other few easily enough.

No offense but I wouldn't mind a break.

To do this once in a while is nice, but to do it constantly is becoming a bit of an overkill (and time consuming).
Just my 2 cents.

Nonetheless, have fun with the new survivors, I'm sure some people will join.

SinisterMinisterX said:

Now that I read the rules I see why the smiley (I messed up another rules I did read with the one for this poll. Sorry. LOL!!!)

Well, a band who got due attention in the 2000's has got to be System Of A Down.

BUMP!

Hey friends, who should we eviscerate when we're done with Dio?

Requirement: it has to be an 80s band - in other words, first got famous in the 80s, or was biggest in the 80s.

Remember, it does not have to be metal. Any kind of rock is acceptable. In fact, I'm already considering The Police.

I'll throw in a few suggestions.

Motley Crue, Manowar, Van Halen

I got a few more, but they weren't prominent / got famous in the 80's

Back