The Next Album (expectations / desires)

Habberdasher said:
Maiden's got 3 guitarists, maybe Dave could do a slow, melodic intro, Janick could some soloing and Adrian could play the wild finale, all at the same time, with Steve/Nicko could galloping along and Bruce shouting, "scream for me," every few seconds.
That's exactly what I'm listening right now.  :lol:

Reumeren said:
Actually, Steve wrote the actual words as far as I understand. Why don't you like them? Sure, everything sounds silly when you take it out of context...

Not much better in context, I'm afraid. Still I like DOD, that line just hurts my ears each time, it's so prominent.

As for Drifter, you don't even really notice the line. My point is that cuddling and prancing are not what this band of devilworshippers is about. Do you look at a vintage Riggs Eddie and want to feel so secure?

Now everyone go listen to Killers!

Not doubting you or anything, but do you even know what prancing is? It's right there, fit in the context. I Don't get what you problem is.

Habberdasher said:
Maiden's got 3 guitarists, maybe Dave could do a slow, melodic intro, Janick could some soloing and Adrian could play the wild finale, all at the same time, with Steve/Nicko could galloping along and Bruce shouting, "scream for me," every few seconds.

I don't really like Gers solos (sometimes they don't make sense with the song), but he's one of the best songwriters. MAAAAN he writes well. "The Legacy" is epic in more ways than one. I love Dream of Mirrors & Dance of Death is cool. I hope he does write more. He really is brilliant.

As for the soloing, he might want to leave this to Dave & Adrian. They're totally pro & pwn practically anyone (with a few legendary exceptions).

I also think he has a fine solo in The Legacy, the one in Fear of the Dark is also cool. Generally I think his best solos are those where he restrains himself a bit in terms of speed - because the man has great sense for melody. But when he speeds up, his solos sound chaotic compared to when Dave plays fast.

pilau said:
Not doubting you or anything, but do you even know what prancing is? It's right there, fit in the context. I Don't get what you problem is.

I surely know what prancing is, and much like dancing it's something I associate more closely with Santa and his reindeers than with Maiden or their fans. There was that cool X-mas card a few years back with Eddie as St. Nick though.....

Well, I'm new here, and I've been reading your posts in this thread. Personally, I  think the next Iron Maiden album will be great no matter what direction they will go. But I love the long epic songs and I would like the next album to be full of them, maybe one hugely epic like The Rime Of the Ancient Mariner, and one or two short rockers like Rainmaker.

Forostar said:
September 2008.

Januari 2010.

Forostar said:
I guess it’s not too early to focus our minds on a new (and possible last?) Maiden album.

I guess it’s not too late to focus our minds on a new (and possible last?) Maiden album.

Forostar said:
I’m sure the boys are relaxing....

eh....

Forostar said:
(apart from Bruce :p ) but at some point they will meet again for the first sessions.

At some point they will meet for the tenth sessions.

Forostar said:
We, interested forum users, can finally think of the future as well.

We, patient forum users, can finally think of some other things to do in the meantime.

Forostar said:
After a year of emphasis on the classics the future looms ahead.

After years of emphasis on the classics the future seems far away.

Forostar said:
A future with a new Maiden studio album! :)

A future with a bloody good new Maiden studio album!

Forostar said:
What do we desire and/or expect from the next Maiden album?

Out before 2012.

Forostar said:
Personally, I certainly hope that Maiden will stick to the long songs (can’t get enough of it to be honest). Many bands with a long career have difficulties with writing strong shorter songs (e.g. less than 6 or 5 minutes) and Maiden is no exception.

It proves that it’s difficult to make a soup with less ingredients (in the form of time). The longer the songs, the more ingredients Maiden can add.

When AMOLAD came out I was surprised to see that the album had a longer average song length than My Dying Bride’s latest album. MDB are famous for their long songs so this was quite remarkable!

Will Maiden do this again?

Will they again have the same theme running through most (if not all) songs?

Personally, I certainly hope that Maiden will put out the album before 2012.

Forostar said:
I am curious for your feedback, and I hope not too many of you are annoyed by such a topic.

I am curious for Maiden’s new album out before 2012.

Forostar said:
I know some people were annoyed when someone did this in the spring of 2007, but now we’re living somewhere else in time.

I know some people are patient characters but I’d like Maiden to release their new album before 2012.

He said there was about eight songs written so far so the band would probably need to come up with a few more new songs while recording. Said the material was a little different than past albums and they were taking their time with the recording schedule.

I am a bit worried about this. Howcome is it different? I find Dance Of Death and A Matter Of Life And Death the best Maiden albums. Any thoughts what does this 'different' mean?

I'm a bit skeptical about their use of the word "Different". Usually when bands say their going to do something different the music is either a lot more experimental or a lot more commercial sounding. And is in the majority of cases inferior to their past work. Hope this is not the case with album no. 15.

I doubt that Maiden are going to sell out on there 15th record.

If it's experimental, well SiT and SSoaSS were experimental and they're abysmal records aren't they? ;)

Back