the lyrics

A

Anonymous

are the lyrics for you significant in a song of maiden?for me yes it's what gives a sens to the song
and you?? [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well yes, the brilliant lyrics make Maiden stand out from the rest of the boring, generic metal bands out there. I mean, we all have had enough of the cliches and drinking and "Oh yeah baby, I'm a real hard-ass, blah, blah, blah" and "wah, poor me I'm a teenager and I have homework to do and I want to kill myself".

I think similar that and think you you whom that the songs of iron maiden would be null without good paroles?moi I think that yes because it is what makes the force of the songs like "hallowed Be thy name".
[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yeah, imagine if HBTN's lyrics were replaced with pointless crap like "I'm cooler than you" or "I'll bust a cap in yo ass". Consider the destruction. [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yes, the lyrics have great significance.

While the musical depth alone makes Maiden stand out from 99,9% of all the bands out there, the lyrics really give you something to think about. As good as the instrumentals are, they can't do that.

[!--QuoteBegin-Guest+Nov 7 2005, 08:46 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Guest @ Nov 7 2005, 08:46 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I think similar that and think you you whom that the songs of iron maiden would be null without good paroles?moi I think that yes because it is what makes the force of the songs like "hallowed Be thy name".
[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]122456[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Don't type into an online translator and post the garbage here please! [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Have you heard the instrumental "Wayfaerer" by In Flames? I think it's brilliant, don't ask me why, I just love it. Ah, I'll try anyway, the name gives it a good mood, and the constant riff change can symbolise different things in a journey or whatever you think. Well no lyrics can be better in some places eh? [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] "wave you hands in the air like you just don't care" or something insipid like that. [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-dogigniter+Nov 7 2005, 09:56 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dogigniter @ Nov 7 2005, 09:56 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Don't type into an online translator and post the garbage here please!  [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]122483[/snapback]​
[/quote]
sorry i am french [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Guest+Nov 8 2005, 05:11 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Guest @ Nov 8 2005, 05:11 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]sorry i am french [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]122552[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Well, no one's perfect, I suppose! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Maybe it'd be a better idea to post on the French forum then? Don't you think? [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

yeah why not [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Black Dragon+Nov 7 2005, 11:03 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Dragon @ Nov 7 2005, 11:03 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Have you heard the instrumental "Wayfaerer" by In Flames? I think it's brilliant, don't ask me why, I just love it. Ah, I'll try anyway, the name gives it a good mood, and the constant riff change can symbolise different things in a journey or whatever you think. Well no lyrics can be better in some places eh? [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] "wave you hands in the air like you just don't care" or something insipid like that.  [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]122497[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yes, In Flame's instrumental's are good. Okay, I haven't heard Wayfaerer yet (hell, it's the last track on the cd, i haven't had the time, ok!), but I also like Dialogue with the Stars.
Back on topic, lyrics are important for me, as what makes Maiden stand out for me is the fact that lots of their songs have deep roots in history and literature. Gives so much depth to their songs it makes me want to cry (yes, AND throw my hands up to the sky [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ). Good instrumental ability can make a song with poor lyrics good, and like all things in a song, one factor can compensate for another (e.g. the technical ability on LAD eclipsing Bruce's vocals). What I'm trying to say, Lyrics are important, but most of the time I would come to grow used to a song, so then lyrics (and the rest of the song) kind of fade into the background as i try to focus on, say, the bass or nicko or the rythmn as opposed to the lead. I also think it's important for a song to have a catchy chorus (like lots of Priest songs). Singing along is fun! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well to tell you the truth, for me lyrics go first , music goes second. For example I totally dislike Prowler. I mean the music is good but the lyrics just suck. I 'm also not that fond of Phantom Of The Opera. I understand that the music complexity is superb blablabla and the lyrics are ok but I just can't like the song that much. [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Hmmm, I can see where you're coming from. I got one of my friends into Maiden and Priest, and am now getting him to listen to Dark Tranquillity and Children of Bodom, but he constantly complains about the vocals, and won't listen to them. You grow used to things like that after a while. I'm now finding I can dechiper death growls to a certain extent(except Bodom's [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--])!

The singers of CoB and DT aren't that indecipherable. Try some Cryptopsy (the albums with Lord Worm behind the mic , not Mike DiSalvo) and see what I mean! He sounds like a freaking lawnmower! ::

[!--quoteo(post=128590:date=Feb 7 2006, 07:25 PM:name=Black Dragon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Dragon @ Feb 7 2006, 07:25 PM) [snapback]128590[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
The singers of CoB and DT aren't that indecipherable. Try some Cryptopsy (the albums with Lord Worm behind the mic , not Mike DiSalvo) and see what I mean! He sounds like a freaking lawnmower! ::
[/quote]

Nah, I can tell what Mikael Stanne is singing, it's just Alexi Laiho's insane vocals I can't make out. Except for the words 'fuck' and 'death', for some reason [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=128657:date=Feb 9 2006, 01:13 AM:name=fuzzboy)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(fuzzboy @ Feb 9 2006, 01:13 AM) [snapback]128657[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I seem to hear the same. Alexis voice has been different since hatecrew deathroll because they sound a bit more "growly" while before they were just more black metal-ish. i noticed at the concert i went to in early december that his voice has changed yet again. now its higher pitched and sounds like when he sang the chorus for when he did the billy idol cover "rebel yell".
[/quote]

Yes, I would agree the last two albums are more intelligble in terms of Alexi's voice. I'm not too sure how much I like the fact that the band have admitted they're moving away from the neo-classical feel of their early works into a more aggressive style of not-quite-thrash, not-really-power-anymore and STILL not-quite-death. Sure, HCDC and AYDY? are great albums, but I prefer FtR and Hatebreeder by an almost infinite margin. But then, if a band stays too similar to their popular style, critics call them boring and cautious. You really can't win in the music industry, can you?

[!--quoteo(post=128776:date=Feb 10 2006, 09:30 PM:name=Silky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Feb 10 2006, 09:30 PM) [snapback]128776[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
But then, if a band stays too similar to their popular style, critics call them boring and cautious. You really can't win in the music industry, can you?
[/quote]
Maiden have stayed true to their heavy metal roots and have not changed at all in 30 years almost. I think CoB have changed a lot but they have done it in a way that has not deserted their true fans. It is difficult to tell the difference these days between a band that is progressing and a sell out band. I would call CoB progressing, as they have not attracted a wide enough audience to be labbeled in the same class as Metallica's sellout ways. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"B)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"cool.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=128818:date=Feb 11 2006, 05:14 PM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Feb 11 2006, 05:14 PM) [snapback]128818[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Maiden have stayed true to their heavy metal roots and have not changed at all in 30 years almost. I think CoB have changed a lot but they have done it in a way that has not deserted their true fans. It is difficult to tell the difference these days between a band that is progressing and a sell out band. I would call CoB progressing, as they have not attracted a wide enough audience to be labbeled in the same class as Metallica's sellout ways. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"B)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"cool.gif\" /]
[/quote]

I wouldn't class Metallica as selling out. They saw an oppurtunity to go commercial and they took it. Their decision. Obviously, I prefer the older stuff. Load/ReLoad are good as well, but I despise St. Anger, because I detest nu metal. Apparently they're working on a new album-hope it's radically different from St. Anger, I stopped following Metallica long ago (about the time I discovered CoB and Maiden, actually [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]) but I would still like them to do another good album. With regards to Maiden, superficially they seem very set in their ways, but I don't think their stuff is undiverse, as some critics think. If it ain't broke, don't fix it (pardon my grammar)

[!--quoteo(post=128823:date=Feb 11 2006, 06:42 PM:name=Silky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Feb 11 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]128823[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I wouldn't class Metallica as selling out. They saw an oppurtunity to go commercial and they took it.[/quote]

:: :: Isn't that the definition of 'selling out'?

[!--quoteo(post=128947:date=Feb 13 2006, 10:52 PM:name=TheTrooper666)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(TheTrooper666 @ Feb 13 2006, 10:52 PM) [snapback]128947[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
:: :: Isn't that the definition of 'selling out'?
[/quote]

Yes, but most people use it as if the band members had sold themselves for sex or something. I'm just trying to say that people should stop automatically replying with 'sell-outs' when they hear the term 'Metallica'. It's the band's decision if they want to try and make money or play proper music. And true fans should realise that the music industry is unforgiving-if you don't evolve in some way, you're labelled as too predictable. People always say 'Oh, yes, Metallica sold out at the Black Album, they became crap then' and other such prejudiced rubbish. Okay, the Black Album was more commercial, but it was a good album, and people simply flame their albums because they view them as 'selling out'. Look at the Metallica reviews for the Trilogy albums on Metal Archives. There's someone who gives MoP a 0% rating (even though he claims it's better than St. Anger, which he gives 5%!), for no better reason than it's 'over-rated'. The only reason an album or band can become over-rated is because people like him buying it expecting it to be the best thing ever. And then they blame the artists because their expectations were too high? Rubbish!

Back