The Longest Day

Discussion in 'A Matter Of Life And Death' started by Anonymous, Aug 30, 2006.

?

How good is The Longest Day on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

29.2%
  2. 9

20.8%
  3. 8

22.9%
  4. 7

14.6%
  5. 6

2.1%
  6. 5

4.2%
  7. 4

6.3%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jer

Jer CriedWhenJanickStayed

I was joking that we could both agree with that statement even though the meaning would be totally different for each of us.

I don't hate "The Apparition", I gave it a 5/10.

2. KidInTheDark666

KidInTheDark666 The island where the souls of dead are reborn

I actually really like the chorus. Seems to be pretty unpopular opinion here.

Number 6 likes this.
  3. Number 6

Number 6 Ancient Mariner

Yes, thank you!

KidInTheDark666 and Jer like this.
  4. Christoffer

Christoffer Nomad

Best song on the album

Jer likes this.
  5. Kalata

Kalata Out of the Silent Planet

I had forgotten how awesome this song is.
    One of the best reunion songs and one of the best long/epic songs of Maiden ! Fantastic chorus and dramatic pre-chorus, the riff is also great (like the bass line and the drums), the intro is majestic, great solos and twin/triple guitar harmony. Very melodic song, Bruce shines through it. 9/10 - ohhhh fuck it, I will give it a 10/10 !

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Jer likes this.
  6. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

I've spoken about why I dislike this song a lot. Amazing intro, building verses, explosive pre-chorus, and a bland, repetitive chorus that goes nowhere. Once it passes, the verses and pre-chorus feel trite and not even the instrumental can save this song. It's one that could have been great had it been severely edited, but alas. 4

7. Iron Brody

Iron Brody Trooper

7/10. While I used to like this song more, it has just lost its favor with me. The buildup through the first verse and prechorus is great. The chorus is okay. I'm a big fan of the instrumental.

8. Sat down and listened to this song for the first time in a long time. The buildup and prechorus are amazing. The chorus isn't unreal but it is still strong and the instrumental portion is outright perfection imho. Easily 9/10

KidInTheDark666, Jer and terrell39 like this.
  9. Formula409

Formula409 Invader

Great buildup, tension growing step by step... and then the chorus ( How long etc...) just falls flat. After that the song never really recovers.

frus and Diesel 11 like this.
  10. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

It is a fantastic song. One of my all time favourites from the band. The lyrics always give me goosebumps.

Jer and terrell39 like this.