Forostar

Ancient Mariner
(in Perun style):

The Loneliness of Two Distance Runners

Dramatis Personae
F: Me
Z: Zare

Act 1, Scene 1
In agony F gazes at the development in the Iron Maiden survivor topic. In an attempt to relieve his pain, he decides to turn to Zare.

F: Zare. We are soulmates.
Z: Eh? Foro, are you nuts? We’ve had some very hotheaded discussions in the past. About Russia, Kosovo, and -speaking of soulmates- also about homosexuality, remember?! Tsshhh, soulmates. Yuck, sod off!

*long silence*

F: That’s true. But there’s something else. And that’s why we are still soulmates.
Z: Yes?
F: Yes. It’s more important than those issues.
Z: Speak up, what is it?
F: From all members of this Maidenfans forum, we like “Somewhere in Time” the most.
Z: Ahh yes! That’s indeed more important.
F: Yes.

Act 1, Scene 2
Z plays Sea of Madness

Z: I am playing Sea of Madness now.
F: You are? Cool. Me too.

F plays Sea of Madness. He hums in a rather depressive tone: “..my heart is heavy as I turn my back and leave ..“

Later again: “..The sun don't shine on the sea of madness”...

Act 1, Scene 3
Z: Let’s hope they eliminate it soon in that Survivor topic.
F: Indeed. We have to get on with our lives. Somehow.
Z: Sure thing.
F: Well, it was nice talking to you.
Z: Yep. Same here. Bye bye!
F: Thanks, Zare. It’s good to have a soulmate in these hard times.

F starts humming again –now more happily- “..Out in the dark there burns a dream…”

Forostar said:
F plays Sea of Madness. He hums in a rather depressive tone: “..my heart is heavy as I turn my back and leave ..“

Dude!! And I was wondering from where it was this lyric in Zare's signature  :blush:

I cannot believe how people around these forums don't like Somewhere In Time. And i cannot believe how even Maiden avoids it...

Yuck, sod off!

Actually, i don't have any negative regards towards you, at all...for that matter, i consider you a very intelligent person.

Dude!! And I was wondering from where it was this lyric in Zare's signature

Maybe you should play SiT a couple more times :)

Zare said:
I cannot believe how people around these forums don't like Somewhere In Time. And i cannot believe how even Maiden avoids it...

Me too.  That's the main reason I did not like the past 'History Tour'.

Genghis Khan said:
Whaa...!  That's it!  You're fired No.5.  No more IMF for you.  :p

Excuse : He has not put the O-ooos in his signature  :halo:

Zare said:
Maybe you should play SiT a couple more times :)

Yet, Sea of Madness was my favourite song somewhen in 1987...
I was crazy about it, but as I just had the cassette version, so I never noticed the lyrics. (I purchased the vinyl some years later)
During the last 20 -long- years I've probably listened to it only once, maybe in 2006 after a Lib's suggestion in French Forum

You have to admit though No.5 did make it sound funny. 

Seriously though, go listen to SIT NOW!!!
I did all yesterday as I was painting.

Thanks guys! I'm playing the whole album now *...safe as any soul can be...honestly*

The drumming is really a killer in this album  :)

Quetzalcoatlus said:
Thanks guys! I'm playing the whole album now *...safe as any soul can be...honestly*

The drumming is really a killer in this album  :)

Yes.  So is the bass and the "airy" guitars.

The production is genius as well.... The problem with SIT is the compositions; Nos 1,3,4 & 7 are 'skippers'  :D

Back