THE IRON MAIDEN COVERENDUM: Angel Stage (FINAL!)

A so-so Testament cover beats a trashy extreme metal cover. Sorry, @Night Prowler, but MrWickerhooker’s nominee takes this one. Winner: Testament

An in-your-face rendition of “Running Free” that does justice to Di’anno’s rough style beats a somewhat tepid and Bushy rendition of “Remember Tomorrow”. Sorry, @The_7th_one, but @Kalata ’s choice is superior. Winner: Grave Digger

A Metallica-ized version of “Remember Tomorrow” is preferable to a slavishly-faithful-but-still-inferior version of “The Number Of The Beast” by No-Longer-On-Iced Earth. Sorry, @Diesel 11, but MrKalatabocker told me that snitches get stitches. Winner: Metallica

A stark transformation of “Wasted Years” beats a fun but ultimately pat delivery of “The Evil That Men Do”. Sorry, MrNighterProwler, but MsLamiaTinder8675309’s nominee has got your number. Winner: Ryan Adams

Well, one of the bands in that matchup is (was) a thrash band.
*Both. Iced Earth and Metallica actually seemed to have similar career arcs IMO. Started as thrash, became more trad metal over time with some thrash still remaining. IE just never stopped being a metal band like Metallica did.
The other makes bootlicking power metal.
*Pure Unfiltered 100% American Power Metal. FUCK YEAH!!!!

Give me a tiebreaker for the last matchup within the next hour and a half and I'll update the game.

9265-96fa075d3f22182543a379c31da99e48.jpg

Eliminated:
Necrophobic - Moonchild
Grave Digger - Running Free
Iced Earth - The Number of the Beast
Powerwolf - The Evil That Men Do

Promoted:
Testament - Powerslave
Anthrax - Remember Tomorrow
Metallica - Remember Tomorrow
Ryan Adams - Wasted Years

8 songs remain. We're in the Trooper Stage.

Radio Tapok - The Trooper
Nominated by @Diesel 11 .

--Vs.--

The MaidenFans Band - Alexander The Great
Nominated by N/A.

---------------------------------​

Solitude Aeturnus - Hallowed Be Thy Name
Nominated by @Forostar , @MindRuler , and Loudwire.

--Vs.--

Tyr - Where Eagles Dare
Nominated by @MrKnickerbocker and @Night Prowler .

Putting on my @MrKnickerbocker vengeance cap for the moment, the Psycrence cover was Armored Saint’s Symbol Of Salvation in this contest, and that makes the MaidenFans band cover Faith No More’s The Real Thing. There must be no quarter asked and none given! @Diesel 11 ‘s nominee takes this by default. Winner: Radio Topok

The Solitude Aeturnus cover is a little more faithful and a little more to my liking than the Tyr cover. Sorry, MrPrickerKnocker, but MoundWrustar’s choice has the edge here. Winner: Solitude Aeturnus

Chuck Billy sounding bored is better than John Bush sounding like he’s falling asleep. Sorry, @The_7th_one, but MrWhickertocker’s nominee is less catatonic than yours. Winner: Testament

Oof, this last one is rough. I like both covers a lot, and in both cases the artists really put their own spin on the material. I’m OK with either one winning, but in the end I think Metallica’s cover is more complete and more viscerally enjoyable. Sorry, MsLackerMocker, but MrKalackertacker’s choice wins this by a nose. Winner: Metallica

Putting on my @MrKnickerbocker vengeance cap for the moment, the Psycrence cover was Armored Saint’s Symbol Of Salvation in this contest, and that makes the MaidenFans band cover Faith No More’s The Real Thing. There must be no quarter asked and none given! @Diesel 11 ‘s nominee takes this by default. Winner: Radio Topok
I don’t agree with your vote here, but I 100% think Psyrence should’ve made it to the finals. Best surprise of this game.

9265-96fa075d3f22182543a379c31da99e48.jpg

Eliminated:
Radio Tapok - The Trooper
Solitude Aeturnus - Hallowed Be Thy Name
Anthrax - Remember Tomorrow
Ryan Adams - Wasted Years

And so we're down to four.

The MaidenFans Band - Alexander The Great
Nominated by N/A.

--Vs.--

Tyr - Where Eagles Dare
Nominated by @MrKnickerbocker and @Night Prowler .

------------------------------

Testament - Powerslave
Nominated by @MrKnickerbocker , @Whooten , and Loudwire.

--Vs.--

Metallica - Remember Tomorrow
Nominated by @Kalata and @MrKnickerbocker .

Home team bias must be countered, and Psycrence must be avenged! The only possible choice here is Knight Bowler’s nominee. Winner: Tyr

Chuck Billy sounds bored here, but James Hetfield does not. I also prefer the Metallicazation of “Remember Tomorrow” to the Testamentization of “Powerslave”. Sorry, Knickbooten, but Knilatabocka’s nominee is superior. Winner: Metallica

Back