THE IRON MAIDEN COVERENDUM: Angel Stage (FINAL!)

df2a5e9d-4de0-4209-807d-77a7fc3f2daa-png.12803

Eliminated:
Apocalyptica - The Number Of The Beast
Primal Fear - 2 Minutes To Midnight

Promoted:
Psycrence - Caught Somewhere In Time
The MaidenFans Band - Alexander The Great

Steve ‘n Seagulls - Aces High
Nominated by @Lamia020281 .

--Vs.--

Solitude Aeturnus - Hallowed Be Thy Name
Nominated by @Forostar , @MindRuler , and Loudwire.

----------------

Iced Earth - Transylvania
Nominated by @Night Prowler .

--Vs.--

Opeth - Remember Tomorrow
Nominated by @Mosh , @MrKnickerbocker , and Loudwire.

Don't care much about the first match, but Iced Earth's cover is way better than Opeth's.
I totally agree, Opeth just ruin it.
By the way, does anyone know why Iced Earth videos on Youtube appear with the cover of Simen Hestnæs' solo album; also, by now I really hate Simon and Joe who both invest in some thing or other.
#FuckSimon&Joe
#OtherInsultsMayApply

Steve n Seagulls' cover of Trooper is much better than this IMO, it just works better than Aces. Still lots of points for performing Maiden in a completely different style and making it sound good, though. Going for Solitude Aeturnus for an enjoyable Hallowed cover. Not dramatically different, but has a more gritty and moody sound to it.

Good work by IE. They definitely add their own unmistakable sound to Transylvania, even if the guitar sounds a little bit stuttery. I can't agree with some of the previous opinions of Opeth's Remember Tomorrow, though. It has so much mellow Opeth character about it. I see that entirely through greyscale Opeth specs, not as an attempt to mimic Maiden. Voting for Opeth.

By the way, does anyone know why Iced Earth videos on Youtube appear with the cover of Simen Hestnæs' solo album; also, by now I really hate Simon and Joe who both invest in some thing or other.
No clue, but Topic has made this mistake before. Death’s Scream Bloody Gore once had the album cover to some old geezer playin’ sweet ass jazz jams.

I can't agree with some of the previous opinions of Opeth's Remember Tomorrow, though. It has so much mellow Opeth character about it. I see that entirely through greyscale Opeth specs, not as an attempt to mimic Maiden. Voting for Opeth.
The reason I don't like it is that I hear a rushed neurotic version of a song that is neither. Just me, most probably.

I am so proud of you right now.
I mean, Iced Earth are one of my overall Top 10 artists now so it should be no surprise I’d go for Transylvania. Personally I like it even more than the original, there’s so much extra crunch and atmosphere and they even changed the one section I didn’t like too much in the OG. It slays.

The first match is tough. The Steve ‘n Seagulls cover is a great transformation of the song — and while the verses are a bit thin, the bluegrass version of the chorus is sublime, and the transformation of the solo section is a lot of fun. Meanwhile, the Solitude Aeturnus cover is very faithful and very well done. It’s too bad either of these needs to be eliminated this early, but I have to choose, so...sorry, Forostruler, but I’m going to reward the originality of @Lamia020281 ’s nominee here. Winner: Steve ‘n Seagulls

The second match is much easier. The Iced Earth cover is a strong and faithful rendition of a painfully repetitive instrumental, while the Opeth cover is a strong and pretty faithful rendition of a much better song. The verse vocals are a little off, but nothing derailing. So, sorry @Night Prowler, but MrMosherbocker’s choice is the superior one here. Winner: Opeth

It figures — Diesel Voting Systems are known to foment massive Communist-sponsored voting fraud!

Back