The Ides of March

How good is The Ides of March on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Perun described it well. The march rhythm is pretty unique in Maiden (perhaps the title was named after it, or vice versa?)

This little strong opener makes you go on the edge of your seat, and the solos are a lust for the ears, while Clive and Steve play as one unit beneath.

I like it, but I don't love it. A nice instrumental, and I agree on what Foro says about the solos. Still, I like the other standalone instrumentals a tad better. 7/10 (but close to being an 8).

Just an intro.  Nothing grand. If it was developed into a full intrumental like GK or Big 'Orra it would have been higher. 5/10

Just an intro?? I don't think so. 10/10. To me, it's an accomplished song, plus one of my favorites. Its length, makes it even more brilliant.

Ok.  The guitars are great.  But I don't think it warrants a high rating.  If the riff developed into something larger, I'd rate it higher.  At this point, I'd rather listen to GK and Big 'Orra.

9 out of 10... great opener and instrumental, but not as substantial as Transylvania. I wish it had a little more length, but it's purpose as the lead in to Wrathchild makes it part of a wicked one two punch. Clive's drumming has always highlighted this tune for me...

One of Maiden's best opener. The way it goes into Wrathchild is just awesome. 9/10

Yup, very effective intro, works great paired with Wrathchild. But it's not worth more than 7.

Good intro, sounds good, way too short, I suppose that it was needed to lead into a song like Wrathchild to give the opening some sort of build up, 7/10.

Yes it's just an intro but it's a hell of an intro. Has a great connection to Wrathchild. 8/10.

The world is filled with instrumental openers/intros that are completely useless.But not here.This song stands easily individually or as a prelude to watch coming next.
Nice beat and solos. 9/10

Back