The Future Past Tour 2024

The difference, as usual, is that Maiden has far better management. The Hu is a diverse band that might help sell tickets.

Saxon and Uriah Heep fans are already also fans of Judas Priest. You're pulling from the same group of fans

Not all fans of The Hu are inherently fans of Iron Maiden, but there's a higher chance of gaining new fans with a popular modern band who comes from a different style and provides variety to the show then with two other legacy acts with a depleting fanbase.
Yeah, I think this is an interesting choice.

Always thought they were a pretty damn cool band in concept, but never got into them.

They will certainly draw in from a different but similar fan base, much like Ghost did for BoS. I think with other classic acts touring this year like Priest, it'll help boost some sales as we get closer to the dates. I know a lot of folks personally in the South-East that are choosing to see Priest over Maiden due to travel distances. Im willing to make the 9hr trek to Charlotte over Texas (Id have chosen texas if there was a Houston show). But not many are willing.

Never heard them before anywhere. I have to say that I'm not into all these bands. Anyway I think there are a lot of interesting and great and big bands out there to support Maiden. US and Europe but this band must be cheaper

If I would decide right now between Maiden + The Hu or Judas Priest + Saxon + Uriah Heep. I go for Judas Priest, Saxon and Heep.

Whilst I would also choose a line-up like the one on the current Judas Priest tour, Maiden have probably added The Hu as a way of shifting a good amount of tickets to people who would not have bought them just to see Iron Maiden with The Raven Age.

A band that has singles with pop/metal acts like Serj Tankien, Papa Roach and Halestorm? The band that just did co-headlining tour with Asking Alexandria last fall? The band that has played every major metal festival in the last four years? The band that toured arenas with Five Finger Death Punch and Megadeth in 2022? The band that opened for Volbeat in 2021? The band that opened for Babymetal?

I mean, you might not know them, but they've been making pretty big waves.

Also, I thought everyone knew Steve Harris is a big fan of The Hu. In fact, the scream on The Number of the Beast is inspired by one of their songs: Won’t Get Fooled Again.

I've never heard of The Hu before but I am just happy that they picked an interesting opening act and a group that isn't one of the band member's kids.

I also don't really understand this "poor ticket sales" talk that seems to inevitably come up every time Maiden tours the states. I haven't bought my ticket yet, the shows aren't until October/November and I have other stuff I have to pay for first. Tickets are so expensive right now like everything else. I think it's pretty much what you would expect from a poor economy. And if these tours were such a failure, they wouldn't be doing 2 month long arena tours of the USA every other year.

I've been seeing Maiden play in the USA on pretty much every tour since 2003 and the venue sizes/audience sizes have only gotten bigger.

Excited to see The Hu.

Not concerned about ticket sales. Lots of young people in Calgary last year, and Calgary is a country & western town.

No Raven Age? That's a huge shock.

My perfect combo would be IM with Heavy Devy opening. Not gonna happen, but one can dream.

Yeah, but Maiden also expected to do 2 nights in LA, so sales are poor for their standards too.
They headlined an extremely expensive festival in Indio last year, they're playing a big festival in Sacramento this year. Who just wanted to see them around - just did it. And Senjutsu/SiT themes ain't so attractive in the US. Now I'm starting to think they will add one or two shows in Latin America. I don't know - Peru, Paraguay maybe Costa Rica.

Anyone under 50 looks like a kid to the Maiden members!

Joking aside, there is a lot of young people getting into Maiden, but that trend is not so common in the USA.
True. Its great the younger generation are going to the gigs, i just wish the band (especially Bruce), would acknowledge its us old codgers who have been into the band a long long time are the ones who generally buy all the merch, have 5 copies of each album etc. Instead of saying they dont want some bald old fart in ripped jeans in the front row.

@Poto Do you have more information about the US sales and how they compare to previous tours? I think the only thing I miss from the official Fan Club forum is the thread about ticket sales on each tour...

Thanks in advance!
Lets look at the entire tour

Heading towards Maiden's best results ever in Australia.

Chile obviously absolutely mindblowing.

Bogota sold 6700 last time in 2011. This time they sold out in less than 24 hours. The capacity? Around 44,000.

Sao Paulo heading towards a second sold out show.

No numbers on Mexico.

Japan is mostly sold out.

Canada is selling better than in 2022 and 2023. USA seems slower than the last time they visited the same markets, but that’s apparently normal today. I do think they lost some momentum in the States because of the pandemic.

Lets look at the entire tour

Heading towards Maiden's best results ever in Australia.

Chile obviously absolutely mindblowing.

Bogota sold 6700 last time in 2011. This time they sold out in less than 24 hours. The capacity? Around 44,000.

Sao Paulo heading towards a second sold out show.

No numbers on Mexico.

Japan is mostly sold out.

Canada is selling better than in 2022 and 2023. USA seems slower than the last time they visited the same markets, but that’s apparently normal today. I do think they lost some momentum in the States because of the pandemic.
The ghost of RLonger lingers....

Back