The Future Past Tour 2024

Screenshot 2024-03-24 183101.png

Baltimore has the lowest ticket sales right now, even with the cheapest tickets out of all of shows in the US.
Most cities are selling much better. Do you think it will get moved or cancelled?

Maiden sold out Washington DC in 2022 in a bigger arena. I don't know why the promoters didn't book there again.

View attachment 35234

Baltimore has the lowest ticket sales right now, even with the cheapest tickets out of all of shows in the US.
Most cities are selling much better. Do you think it will get moved or cancelled?

Maiden sold out Washington DC in 2022 in a bigger arena. I don't know why the promoters didn't book there again.

Sales for the US tour are the worsts in decades for Maiden (and they knew that, hence the back to back dates on friday/saturday), but no show will be moved or cancelled. Actually, a lot of shows will probably sell out in the end. Of course this doesn't mean they will be the success Maiden is used to: a 2nd show in Los Angeles was booked and I don't think it will ever be announced, they used to play 2 shows in Brooklyn and now they didn't even bother to book two because the sales are total crap for the first one.

But they played to probably 4k in Kaunas last year and to 5k in Oklahoma City in 2017, so don't worry about shows being cancelled. Still, if they keep doing the same stuff over and over next time they could risk much more. No wonder that the stadium show in LA back in 2019 sold out way in advance even being one of the biggest venue of the US tour.

Why are sales so bad? Is it because of the tour theme and the setlist? Because it’s not a hits tour?

I think the main reason is that Maiden lost their appeal there. They kept doing the same routing, the same venues, the same things all over and over. There is no novelty factor to them. That, and also the rising costs for basically everything (even if Maiden still has some of the lowest prices for a band that big). I think the fact most of Maiden fans are the same from the 80s doesn't help either: they know Maiden won't sell out, so they won't buy tickets until the very last day.

I think the main reason is that Maiden lost their appeal there. They kept doing the same routing, the same venues, the same things all over and over. There is no novelty factor to them. That, and also the rising costs for basically everything (even if Maiden still has some of the lowest prices for a band that big). I think the fact most of Maiden fans are the same from the 80s doesn't help either: they know Maiden won't sell out, so they won't buy tickets until the very last day.
But hang on dont all the "kids" go see Maiden these days

@Poto Do you have more information about the US sales and how they compare to previous tours? I think the only thing I miss from the official Fan Club forum is the thread about ticket sales on each tour...

Thanks in advance!

But hang on dont all the "kids" go see Maiden these days

As an European I can't really know about the US shows, but talking to some fans over there and seeing the photos from the shows it seems to me that yes, there is an increase of younger fans at Maiden shows, but it's basically non-existing when compared to Europe. Again, I'm not 100% sure of that, it's just my impression.

Do you have more information about the US sales and how they compare to previous tours?

I'm keeping tabs of the sales for every 2024 show which has an interactive map. They're not 100% reliable, because from time to time a lot of tickets just vanish (Toronto went from a bit over 1k seats left to none in 30 minutes, same with Rosemont), but it's something.

For 2022, they sold way faster. For 2019, sales were generally slow but with a bigger start, so even if you had Brooklyn 2 with 90% of the seats available you also had Brooklyn 1 close to sell out, which is something it's not happening this time.

However, the fact they're playing so late in the year and that they've announced the dates so in advance complicate things. I wouldn't be surprised to see every show sold out or close to, but mostly because they're playing for the most part indoor arenas with a limited capacity.

Because going to concerts for a big-name bands has become VERY expensive in the US, and significant inflation of food and gasoline prices has made people cut back their entertainment spending a lot.

it's not just the US. Same shit happens here in the UK as well. Using myself as an example and of course other people's situation might be different, but my disposal income has taken a huge hit and I don't go to gigs like I used to.

it's not just the US. Same shit happens here in the UK as well. Using myself as an example and of course other people's situation might be different, but my disposal income has taken a huge hit and I don't go to gigs like I used to.
That's the same here in France.

For example, you can see now the prices for a ticket for Judas Priest/Saxon in Lyon and for Bruce Dickinson in Paris.

BruceDickinsonTicketPrices.jpg

Going to a show begins to be really expensive.

Back