The Future Past Tour 2024

They always release albums in September lately for whatever reason and I think September 2026 is too far.

And they don't do anniversary tours. Plus Nicko said that they count anniversaries to the date of release of the first album.
In this case 2025 tour will be the first leg of forthcoming studio album promotional tour, something as 2010/2011 The Final Frontier tour.

They always release albums in September lately for whatever reason and I think September 2026 is too far.

And they don't do anniversary tours. Plus Nicko said that they count anniversaries to the date of release of the first album.
The Final Frontier | 2010
The Book of Souls | 2015
Senjutsu | 2021 would have been 2020 if not for COVID-19 pandemic. Up until that point, and since their debut, there hadn't been a year ending with 0 that didn't have a new album. That fact bugs me.
A new album in 2026 would still fit into the pattern since The Final Frontier.

They may still not do anniversary tours like that, but there has been a lot of anniversary related stuff merch-wise.

In this case 2025 tour will be the first leg of forthcoming studio album promotional tour, something as 2010/2011 The Final Frontier tour.
Nah. Future Past with some changes and a new album song is my bet. GMETID style.

They will play Greece with Alex in the set. Bruce hinted about that in recent interviews.

The Final Frontier | 2010
The Book of Souls | 2015
Senjutsu | 2021 would have been 2020 if not for COVID-19 pandemic. Up until that point, and since their debut, there hadn't been a year ending with 0 that didn't have a new album. That fact bugs me.
A new album in 2026 would still fit into the pattern since The Final Frontier.

They may still not do anniversary tours like that, but there has been a lot of anniversary related stuff merch-wise.
There were some talks about shortening the gap between albums during LOTB. Also, they already wanted to record one in 2021 (this is a fact coming from P. B. Dickinson).

I strongly believe they will record in spring 2025.

There were some talks about shortening the gap between albums during LOTB.
^I know they wanted to record another album in 2021 but I must have missed that?
Either way, I think new album in 2025-2026 (at the latest), unless they do a 3 years Hits tour again. It fits with their usual work of things. Later? Idk. With the same classics or not, I don't think it's necessary, especially at the stage of their career. And it would be odd after they combined 2 tours now. Only a ''Deep cuts'' tour (I can't see Maiden doing such a tour) or a ''50 years'' celebration (not so likely) could justify in a way, but I will always prefer new music. As much new music as possible, now, despite Steve's comments and he/they love to write and create, to play new music live.

Last edited:
^I know they wanted to record another album in 2021 but I must have missed that?
Either way, I think new album in 2025-2026 (at the latest), unless they do a 3 years Hits tour again. It fits with their usual work of things. With the same classics or not, I don't think it's necessary, especially at the stage of their career. And it would be odd after they combined 2 tours now. Only a ''Deep cuts'' tour (I can't see Maiden doing such a tour) or a ''50 years'' celebration (not so likely) could justify in a way, but I will always prefer new music.
They simply don't have time for a 3 year greatest hits tour again.

I think they want to make as much new music as they can until the end of the band(and they stated that), especially with Nicko's health scare. And TFP is somehow a hybrid. I just can't see them doing a pure history tour after that.

Last edited:
They simply don't have time for a 3 year greatest hits tour again.

I think they want to make as much new music as they can until the end of the band(and they stated that), especially with Nicko's health scare. And TFP is somehow a hybrid. I just can't see them doing a pure history tour after that.
I hope they annaunce some additional dates in March/April especially in Argentina, maybe Costa Rica. There're still few gapes in the tour schedule.

The Maiden England tour was a celebration of the 24th, 25th, and 26th anniversaries of Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. :p
Yeah and SBIT was the 24th and 25th anniversary of Powerslave, while Early Days Tour was 25th anniversary of Iron Maiden, 24th anniversary of Killers, 23rd anniversary of TNOTB and 22nd anniversary of Piece Of Mind.

Currend The Future Past Tour celebrates the 27th and 28th anniversary of Somewhere In Time.

Do y'all think a new album is very plausible at all if we're talking about Fall 2026 as a release date? It seems less likely to me because I can't see them ending their career on an album tour - in other words you have to consider at least 4 years of touring beyond the album release and not just the initial album cycle.

So it's one of these possibilities:

Scenario 1:
2025 - Future Past Leg 3 (still highly doubt they're going to do that)
2026 - Some sort of album tour maybe in the mold of Give Me Ed/Final Frontier 2010
2027 - Album tour leg 2
2028 - Nostalgia tour
2029 - Nostalgia tour

Scenario 2:
2025 - Nostalgia tour
2026 - Nostalgia tour
2027 - Nostalgia tour
2028 - ???? New album? I really doubt it.

Scenario 3:
2025 - New album tour
2026 - New album tour
2027 - Nostalgia tour
2028 - Nostalgia tour

Scenario 4:
2025 - Future Past 3
2026 - Nostalgia tour
2027 - Nostalgia tour
2028 - Nostalgia tour

IMO, unless Maiden transitions into a studio only band, if they don't release an album next year they're never going to release another album.

And this:
I agree with the sentiment that they don't have time for three year nostalgia tours, but if we're being honest people on this very forum were saying that back in the Maiden England days. The sequence of events has been this:

2014 - Maiden are getting older and only have so many years left, why are they extending to a third year of Maiden England instead of going into the studio?

2017 - Since Bruce had cancer, they are obviously going to prioritize making music more and maybe we'll get an album next year instead of the obligatory greatest hits tour since they said that History Tours are over (yes, people were making this argument)

2020 (pre pandemic) - Maiden are getting older and only have so many years left, why are they extending to a third year of Maiden England Legacy of the Beast instead of going into the studio?

2022 - The pandemic clearly fucked Maiden up, but maybe they'll kickstart a new album sooner than later to make up for lost time.

2024 - I think they want to make as much new music as they can until the end of the band(and they stated that), especially with Nicko's health scare.

Us in 2025 - Maiden are getting older and only have so many years left, why are they extending to a third year of Maiden England Legacy of the Beast Future Past Tour instead of going into the studio?

Sorry guys, but time is not on this band's side and there hasn't really been any indication in the last decade that they are going to prioritize making albums over touring. We've had health scares, pandemics, and the band has never adjusted touring plans. I think they did Future Past to make a Senjutsu tour more easily marketable, but it is by no means a greatest hits tour. If the plan isn't to go back into the studio after this year's touring, I don't think it's going to happen.

Back