The Future Past Tour 2024

Imo part of why I don’t expect Future Past to get a third leg is that I don’t expect them to potentially end their career on a Setlist with deep cuts. I expect them to follow this up with a LOTB style nostalgia tour and that might be it (unless it’s a 3 year tour in which case it’ll definitely be it).
Whether they continue beyond that entirely depends on whether they are willing to continue without one or more members, because I really doubt Nicko has more than a couple more years in him. If they’re willing to tour without Nicko or potentially Dave, no reason they can’t squeeze out another decade. If they want to retire with this lineup, I expect a brief nostalgia tour in 2025 to wind things down. They’ve said they’re open to continuing Maiden as a studio act beyond that but I’m skeptical they would actually do it. Getting them to commit a few weeks to studio time doesn’t seem like the easiest thing.
I think the whole band is in very good-to-great form now and it all depends on the amount of shows - and the songs in the setlists. Nicko's willpower is amazing. Plus they all seem to still enjoy playing live a lot. Yes, Dave too. Nicko is the key. And I don't think they will want to replace any member. They have plans until 2026. I hope for another new album and more fresh setlists. That would be great for us and for them. I believe in the band, as always.

I also doubt it about the continuing as a studio act, but Steve mentioned it, so who knows. It's a lot harder to play live, that's for sure, and they will still have enough money.

A potential 3rd leg of the current tour is 50/50 at this point imo.
If they were interested in being a studio band, they could’ve released Senjutsu in 2020 as planned and then recorded a second album in 2021 to release and tour the following year(s). If they couldn’t get it together to record more when there was literally nothing else to do, I can’t see them doing it in any other circumstance if a tour isn’t part of it.

I am 100% convinced that Mandrake Project took as long as it did because Bruce was waiting for the opportunity for Maiden to skip a summer tour so he could tour on it.
I think that's true about Bruce's solo album, but the situation with SJ and the potential 2nd new album in 2021 was different. And it will be even more different when they retire. They plan a few years in advance, but I doubt they would do that for 2 album cycles plus a potential Hits tour in between.
TFP is the band as rock-solid as they've been since 2016.
Since 2018 imo.
but please no To Tame A Land. One of their worst epics or even songs in general. I really don't want them to waste precious time on that stinker.
Wow. But I have to say that a chorus or a bridge (like for the outro of No Prayer For The Dying) before the instrumental section in the outro would be great.

I think they will continue as a studio act after their live retirement. Steve is a creative guy that has a lot of great ideas to compose songs. Just look at the hattrick "Death Of The Celts"/"The Parchment"/"Hell On Earth" on Senjutsu. Perfect gems they are. And the couple Bruce and Adrian is also as creative as the mighty Steve. So, I doubt the band will stop writing songs after they will stop touring.

They sat on Senjutsu because they didn’t want to release it until they could tour off it and they changed their mind on making a second album during lockdowns because of that.
They changed their mind because the restrictions in place meant they would be stuck in either the studio or the hotel for months. No weekend trips to go fishing, no evenings in a nice restraunt.
Also the logistics of getting all the band and crew together with travel restrictions and border quarantines would have been a nightmare.

Setlist from Nicko's cover band (Titanium Tart) from today, according to ironmaiden.brasil Instagram:

1. CSIT
2. Stranger
3. Infinite Dreams
4. The Prisoner
5. To Tame a Land
6. Heaven Can Wait
7. Alexander
8. FOTD
9. Iron Maiden
10. Hell On Earth
11. The Trooper
______
12. Separate Ways
13. Don't Stop Believin'

Just for the record: remember that Nicko's cover band played Stranger and Alexander years ago and then after that it finally appeared on Maiden's setlist?

I'm not saying that Maiden is going to play Infinite Dreams and To Tame a Land on the next leg of The Future Past Tour, because we all know it is highly unlikely that they will change anything from the setlist.

However, thinking about tours in the future, it is interesting, isn't it? There's hope.

Does anyone know if Nicko has played Infinite Dreams and TTAL with his cover band before?
Yep, I've noticed that he's played all these songs with his pals. Ever since they started the Early Days-tour and onwards I've hoped to hear ID live.
As sad as it was, the whole absense of ID from the 2008-2009 & 2012-2014 was disappointing, especially since they had rehearsed it for ME-tour and dropped.
So..maybe there is still some chance and I bet that they would still nail it live.

Imagine they do play To Tame a Land, which was recorded 40 years ago and hasn't been played live since then and they omit "The Parchment" song from the last album, which hasn't been played live. It would be as bittersweet as it gets.

Imagine they do play To Tame a Land, which was recorded 40 years ago and hasn't been played live since then and they omit "The Parchment" song from the last album, which hasn't been played live. It would be as bittersweet as it gets.
I mean, I'd love to hear To Tame A Land live after 40 years, but if they don't play Parchment next year or for a possible 3rd leg - that will be the new Alexander for me. Btw, both songs have a unique structure, and especially for live performances.
And Dune (ha) is not an easy song for Bruce now (lyrics-wise too), but so was Alexander for some fans and there is less singing. Infinite Dreams is tricky with the more vocals and scream, but the vocals are not that high. Bruce will nail it imo.

Last edited:
Back