The Fugitive

How good is The Fugitive on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
A song that I tend to forget but when I give it a listen I remember I like it quite a lot, apart from the chorus, but the rest of the song is really cool, specially the instrumental part. In a very average album, this one is a pleasant surprise.
8/10

Apparently many consider this one of the better songs on the album, but for me, after much deliberation, I've decided it's my least favorite. I admit, it's an overall stronger song than say, Weekend Warrior, yet personal taste knocks upon my door and shoves strength straight out the window. This song sounds like something that would fit better on NPFTD, and that's not exactly something I want when listening to FOTD. (Though From Here To Eternity does too, yet I actually really enjoy it so... personal taste is a bitch.) Still, it's a 7/10 overall.

This song reminds me a little bit of "The Prisoner", especially the chorus, which is great. The rest of the song? Eh... not so great. It's not particularly bad, but not one of the best either, and its lyrics are pretty shallow. Would like to see it live though. A 7.

A simple but effective heavy riff alternates with cleaner parts, leading to a solid verse with uneven vocals from Bruce. The chorus is moderately catchy, but kind of awkward.

Another verse and chorus lead into a nice solo section followed by a cool interlude groove and another solo. Both solos modulate the key at the end, which is kind of interesting.

Another verse and chorus, then we close out with the intro riff, which I wish had played a bigger role in the song.

There's some good stuff here, but it's definitely not Bruce's finest hour, and the chorus could have been better. 6/10.

I always forget The Fugitive even exists. But when I remember to listen to it, it's great. Verses are highlight of the song for me. 8

Despite the complexity, "The Fugitive" is an average song with an average take on a TV show. The lyrics are too simplistic for my liking, but the music is a little better. 5

Great opening to the song (the bass sounds awesome). Awesome riff, verses and drumming. Really good solos and melodies that fits the atmosphere of the song quite good. The only weak thing in it is the chorus (still good though). Underrated song. 8/10

''The Fugitive'' could have been in the setlist for Donington '92 (according to Steve in an interview with Bruce in 1992 about this concert).

...around 3:52 minutes onwards (thanks for the curious info, @srfc)

A fairly sophisticated little rocker, “The Fugitive” is a fun retelling of the show in typical storytelling Iron Maiden fashion. Steve’s lyrics are a bit bulky, but it’s a pretty faithful and fun song. I think it does enough to fit into the great category. I really like the verses and chorus, and the instrumental passages have some strong moments as well. It’s good stuff. 8/10

Back