The Fugitive

How good is The Fugitive on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
If I had to re vote on this, I would up my 6 to a 7. I listened to this yesterday for the first time in a while and like it a bit more.

I'm a simple man
Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say.
And if you do this
It'll help you some sunny day.
Oh, take your time... Don't live too fast,
Troubles will come and they will pass.
You'll find a woman, you'll find love,
And don't forget son,
There is someone up above.
And be a simple, kind of man.
Oh be something, you love and understand.
Baby be a simple, kind of man.
Oh, won't you do this for me son,
If you can?

The song is quite boring. The solos in the middle is good thou. But as a whole the song doesn't do that much for me.

5/10

I give this a 7.

Rankings:

Previous Albums:

Iron Maiden - 6.67

8 - Prowler
6 - Sanctuary
7 - Remember Tomorrow
6 - Running Free
9 - Phantom Of The Opera
7 - Transylvania
4 - Strange World
6 - Charlotte The Harlot
7 - Iron Maiden

Killers - 5.91

6 - The Ides Of March
6 - Wrathchild
6 - Murders In The Rue Morgue
5 - Another Life
5 - Genghis Khan
5 - Innocent Exile
8 - Killers
5 - Prodigal Son
8 - Purgatory
6 - Twilight Zone
5 - Drifter

The Number Of The Beast - 7.56

6 - Invaders
7 - Children Of The Damned
8 - The Prisoner
7 - 22 Acacia Avenue
9 - The Number Of The Beast
10 - Run To The Hills
6 - Gangland
5 - Total Eclipse
10 - Hallowed Be Thy Name

Piece Of Mind - 7.44

8 - Where Eagles Dare
9 - Revelations
9 - Flight Of Icarus
7 - Die With Your Boots On
8 - The Trooper
7 - Still Life
6 - Quest For Fire
6 - Sun And Steel
7 - To Tame A Land

Powerslave - 6.75

8 - Aces High
7 - 2 Minutes To Midnight
3 - Loss Fer Words
7 - Flash Of The Blade
5 - The Duellists
6 - Back In The Village
9 - Powerslave
9 - Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Somewhere In Time - 8.00

8 - Caught Somewhere In Time
9 - Wasted Years
8 - Sea Of Madness
8 - Heaven Can Wait
8 - The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
7 - Stranger In A Strange Land
8 - Deja Vu
8 - Alexander The Great

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son - 8.25

7 - Moonchild
9 - Infinite Dreams
9 - Can I Play With Madness
9 - The Evil That Men Do
10 - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
6 - The Prophecy
8 - The Clairvoyant
8 - Only The Good Die Young

No Prayer For The Dying - 6.90

6 - Tailgunner
6 - Holy Smoke
8 - No Prayer For The Dying
7 - Public Enema Number One
7 - Fates Warning
7 - The Assassin
6 - Run Silent Run Deep
8 - Hooks In You
8 - Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
6 - Mother Russia

Fear Of The Dark

7 - Be Quick Or Be Dead
8 - From Here To Eternity
9 - Afraid To Shoot Strangers
5 - Fear Is The Key
6 - Childhoods End
8 - Wasting Love
7 - The Fugitive

Another surprise. My memory of this album is fooling me, 'cause this is another very good song. 8/10.

Pretty okay song. I like it, although it's a bit lightweight. Pretty good solo by Janick. I LOVE Dave's short ((but passionate) solo, which clocks in at only 9 seconds or something. However, there is a part in the middle there (after Bruce says "ay ay") which I am not certain as to whom plays. (Those bends right before that short solo which is definitely Dave.) Can anyone shed some light on this? The bends sort of sound like Janick, and the rhytm underneat sounds like Dave. But I'm not a 100 % sure.

9/10. On of their best shorter songs, also being - jokes aside - quite complex for it's length. I think it should be definitely loved more. The verses are hauntingly beautiful and the chorus is one of the catchiest on the album (which might not mean that much to general public, but it definitely means much to me). Very atmospheric, too.

9/10

The Fugitive took a long time to grow on me. At first glance it has a very silly chorus, but the magic of the song reveals itself upon further listens. First of all, it is the single most complex song on the record, tempo shifts and metre changes occur multiple times with zero transitions and complete fluidity. The crushing intro and subsequent buildup of the verse is exceptional. The riff that introduces Dave’s solo (which I’d be lying if I said was totally on-key) is my favorite moment. Prog reigns supreme in this song and it’s a powerful deep cut that remains among the absolute best songs on the album.

Oh man here we go.

I really dislike this song. Even before the infamous discussion, this was usually the point of the album where I couldn't handle it again. It has that generic 3+3+2 rhythm all over the song and the chorus is among the worst in Maiden's history. Even the drum intro is just so lifeless and dull. The energy is at least there, I'll give it that. And Dave plays a good solo.

I also just wish there was a bit more going on during this song. There's not a lot of riffing and it repeats a lot of the chord progressions. At its worst it's annoying and at its best it's just kind of boring.

This is early 90s Maiden by the numbers. Promise but it never goes anywhere. Like the lyrics somewhat. 6/10.

US Radio Edit. Comment says: Very rare version for 'The Fugitive', first American single from the 'Fear of the Dark' album, released in August 1992.

Back