The Fugitive

How good is The Fugitive on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: The Fugitive

This has always been a highlight on the album for me. Fantastic build up, adrenaline charged verses and a great breakdown that peaks with the second solo. The chorus doesn't quite hit the mark, alas, a solid 8.

The beginning and the mid-section instrumental are the best parts, and while the music does provide a good "movement" sensation, the lyrics are distinctly dodgy with particular reference to the chorus there. Although it has grown on me since my first impressions, still only 3/10.

6/10 from me, it's not a bad song but it really isn't special either.  It's always seemed like a companion to The Assassin, just a bit better.

I love the intro riff and the ominous verses but aside from that it's not a song I listen to much.  

Indeed very overlooked. The best thing about this track for me is the lyrics and Bruce totally carries this song and makes it work. I like the part after the first solo, very "frenzied" with the synths, just like an escape, and then into some blues licks nd into the second solo.

Overall I'll give this a strong 7 cause the rest of the song just seems to drag a little bit...

Yes, generally a decent song. Solidly good in all areas but not absolutely outstanding. 7/10

7 out of 10... one of the strongest tracks on the album for me, but Dave's solo isn't one of his best.

7. Powerful intro, breaks into too typical verses. Nice chorus. I like the stray note in instrumental section, sounds like scream for help  :D
One of the better songs off FOTD.

This song just annoys the hell out of me. Besides the cool intro I can't give this song a high rating. Isn't forgettable which is good but it just annoys me. I can't even listen to it. 3/10

Thanks! Added you to the FOTD album judgement.
I read you played Fear of the Dark only once or twice. A fine basis for good judgement of all the songs.
I wish you a nice year listening to this album a couple of more times, and we'll see if something has changed or not.

Yeah, I listened to it yesterday on my mp3 player, then I listened to every song again before reviewing it. I also had 2 "Iron Maiden Weeks" where I listened to the whole discography (including singles, lives etc.) in order. Of course, I played songs I liked many more times, but I heard the album in its ENTIRETY for 4 times. This is my least listened Iron Maiden album, because it's full of fillers and it has too many songs.

You're right, I should've listened to it more. I hope I change my mind next year :)

Back