The Final Frontier MP3 Download without sound effects!

Awesome. SImply awesome.
I also go back to my previous statement, that there are 3 solos in this song.
Because if there are only 2, one of them is twice as long.

Yes, this is a great song with wicked solos and a stunning sound quality. If the sound quality is as good as that throughout the record, it'll be one of the best produced Maiden albums ever. I can't wait.

This is truly brilliant, it's so vibrant and lively! Listening to this and then the poorer quality El Dorado MP3 offered on the website shows a dramatic contrast. However this puts to rest any fears I had about the production of the album, this confirms Bruce's words that the MP3 offered of El Dorado is of a much poorer quality than the version that will be avaliable on the album, I can't wait!  :yey:

It feels like hearing Final Frontier for the first time.  That video was driving me nuts.  What a clean forward rocker this song is!  You guys definitely have a better ear than I though, I don't see how it sounds so much better than El Dorado.  They both sound Fu8kin awesome to me!!  20 days to The Final Frontier in it's entirety!!! 

I'm really having a hard time distinguishing the 3 guitars. Now that's nothing new. I've always sucked at it. It's just normally I can get two. I only hear one here. Well I mean one, and then the occasional lick/flare dunno what you want to call it. Then of course you can hear a guitar in the background of the solos, but damn, what am I missing? To me it sounds like one really meaty guitar. Are they all playing the same riff?

Adrian solo is the first and longer (he also does the fills at the end of the song), then Dave's fluid and incredibly melodic solo comes to the picture; I didn't sit to learn it yet, but Adrian seems to be using a drop D tuning.

For those of you who think this MP3 sounds much better than El Dorado: Sorry, but you'll probably be dissapointed when the record arrives, because I'm pretty sure the record will have the same sort of sound El Dorado has.

I sort of like the production of the recent Maiden albums (Dance of Death, not so much) but I think the production is a bit too flat at times, especially on A Matter Of Life And Death. El Dorado is an improvement compared to A Matter Of Life And Death though. It's kind of strange anyways since I think Brave New World is one of the best sounding records ever made.

Bananaman_In_Shorts said:
For those of you who think this MP3 sounds much better than El Dorado: Sorry, but you'll probably be dissapointed when the record arrives, because I'm pretty sure the record will have the same sort of sound El Dorado has.
Why do you think this?

Everything points to the record being TFF-esque rather than like El Dorado. Bruce's MP3 rant, the fact that this was off of the radio, El Dorado live, etc.

Jonszat said:
Why do you think this?

Everything points to the record being TFF-esque rather than like El Dorado. Bruce's MP3 rant, the fact that this was off of the radio, El Dorado live, etc.

I'm just figuring since the video version of The Final Frontier sounds totally different, and by the way is an official release from the band themselves, that one would be more true to what the record will sound like. Also the treble level of this mp3 version is very high, much clipping occurs, and the bitrate seems to be very low, I guess these things are what makes it sound more "produced" than the video version and El Dorado.

Anyway, I guess we all just have to wait and see until we have the album in our hands. But I don't think Steve Harris would be very happy if the finished product sounds like this.

Bruce doesn't understand that a song being in mp3 format doesn't change how the instruments are mixed or anything like that.  The fact that people are taking some offhand comment from Bruce as gospel that the final album will have crystal clear sound is kinda crazy.

Sincerely, I'm not impressed with the sound quality and what I like is the vibe the band transmits thought the recording - very fresh and relaxed and the band is on fire. This thing of mp3 is relative 'cos as Crimson Mask said, the quality of an audio file won't alterate the frequencies of the mixing, it'll only enhance or diminish the output/mixdown, not the instruments frequencies.

Amazing! The song sounds so much more raw and dense without the sound effects. Listening to it on my music device (don't want to start a war about music players, so I called it that), and that opening riff tears right through me! Great rip, man!  :ok:

The production sure sounds more BNW like and polished to me, with a far better drum sound and thicker guitars.

The most important part though is the song and I really like it after hearing it this way.  It has a lot more drive and punch and has me even more excited for the new album.

Crimson Mask said:
Bruce doesn't understand that a song being in mp3 format doesn't change how the instruments are mixed or anything like that.  The fact that people are taking some offhand comment from Bruce as gospel that the final album will have crystal clear sound is kinda crazy.
Hardly. Over reaction ftw, huh?

I just said that I doubted the production would be like El Dorado based on what Bruce has said. He'd hardly slag off how the album is going to sound, prior to it being released. So we can deduce that the album doesn't sound like El Dorado.

I don't like the sound of this version of TFF, it's got waaay too much high frequencies, my head hurts. I hope this is a radio version and not a rip from the promo CD.

It's not rip from promo cd, it starts and ends abruptly. The high frequencies really takes from the song details.

Good to know!

Well, at least now the intro to El Dorado makes (more) sense.

And another thing that the CD won't correct - what the hell is Nicko doing from 3:19 - 3:21?

Back