The Final Frontier charts' thread

Onhell said:
Who cares where you can buy their CDs. A good band is a good band regardless of where you get their music (EARLY In Flames is available at Best Buy...).  I'll let this one comment slide since you're new and have no idea about my musical tastes.

There are better artists and bands out there than BLS and In Flames, you have to find them, and a lot of it isn't in Best Buy or what have you, thats my point. Whatever floats your boat though.

Oh, I agree that there are better bands out there, but my point is a band isn't "bad" just because they are "popular," and just because there are better bands out there I'm going to stop listening to still really good bands.

To some extent though, popularity does equate to quality. I mean, if there's a band that everyone in the world thinks sucks, is it possible that they don't suck?

Suicidehummer said:
To some extent though, popularity does equate to quality. I mean, if there's a band that everyone in the world thinks sucks, is it possible that they don't suck?

This is true, but there are many who'll listen to what the radio, MTV or what have you will tell them to listen to. Very, VERY seldom these days are those bands worth their weight in crap.

Habberdasher said:
Dude, Zakk f-ing Wylde's Black Label Society was #4 this week in the U.S.. Maiden better seriously outperform that pile of turd
The new BLS only sold 33k in its first week and that's a band that's popular only in the U.S.

Maiden is making a slow but sure trek back to the top of the charts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Maiden finishing with a #1 chart position with this new album would be their first #1 since Fear of the Dark, right? Or is it No Prayer for the Dying, SSOASS?

Bruce mentioned chart positions yesterday, and my heart leaped when he said that it was also number one in Holland. Amazing, I can't remember that this happened before, wish I had some chart history on that.

bearfan said:

Getting #1 in Canada would make me so happy. They've never had a #1 album in Canada before, I believe... I remember Bruce saying something about that at the Ottawa concert. Hah, I love how he said there was about 8000 people when they came for the Fear of the Dark Tour and over 20 000 (which was a lot closer to 30 000, actually) for this summer's concert. The fanbase is definitely getting a surge in Canada. Hoping TFF gets #1 here!

Erm, so according to these people, Maiden are set to be number one this week in the UK (yes, it has already been said in this thread, but that is not the sole purpose of that link).

So whats new? Apparently, Maiden are from Sheffield.

Sheffield? Well yes, Bruce is from Worksop (not too far from Sheffield), but that is a stupid mistake to make. Def Leppard are from Sheffield - and you can't confuse those two bands.

This morning The Final Frontier was played on Video Hits this morning, it was amazing to see iron maiden on Video Hits, or even Australian T.V for that matter. Video Hits plays a lot of mainstream crap by they way.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how many copies have been sold in Australia?
They're playing at soundwave, I'm sure they'll get noticed more now in aus.

Sjeske said:
In italy it went to nr 1 also I think, but can't confirm!

Four years ago, here in Italy they debuted straight to #1, putting AMOLAD in place of Gianna Nannini's album (a very popular female rocker produced by a guy called..Will Malone! :D )
I'm quite optimist that they'll do the same this time with this great album...we'll know for sure next week.

Back