The Final Frontier and Somewhere in Time

Onun said:
On Different Worlds solo Adrian uses tapping as well Babo.   :)

Another thing, that little lick played at the beginning at the start of El Dorado, which is track number 2 on TFF, is taken from Wasted Years, which is track number 2 as well on SIT. Not a big thing tho.

Ha forgot about that one.

Albie said:
The track listing on the back covers do have similar futuristic styles, I'll give you that.

That must have been what I meant (I'm currently not near the booklets to check).

Albie said:
How about the lyrical meaning of both Coming Home and Wasted Years. In Wasted Years, they are miles from home and missing it badly. And Coming Home...well, they're back.

Indeed. :)

@Genghis: Yes, and the SIT cover is also one big travel through the past, great cover. I think that the SIT cover fits better to the TFF lyrics than the TFF cover.

@Zare: The real TFF tour still has to start. Who knows they'll indeed mix one or two SIT songs in the set. People can still dream, not?:)

Forostar said:
I think that the SIT cover fits better to the TFF lyrics than the TFF cover.

True.  That would have been a great cover.  Or even a pic of planets like in the booklet, with astronaut Eddie floating is space. 

This painfully shows the difference between two artists. One of them is a prophetic painter and the other is a comic/cartoon book coverartist.

Somewhere in Time was the longest album of the Vinyl period, and The Final Frontier is the longest one of the CD period.

In both cases, the maximum length of music is recorded on each support...

If you divide TFF's running time in seconds with SIT's running time in seconds, you'll get 1.489. 1.489 thousand marks is average debt per capita in Republic Of Srpska entity of Bosnia.
I don't know if it's relevant, but i think it is, indeed.

Zare said:
If you divide TFF's running time in seconds with SIT's running time in seconds, you'll get 1.489. 1.489 thousand marks is average debt per capita in Republic Of Srpska entity of Bosnia.

Sigged.

The beginning harmony on "Man Who Would Be King" sounds like something from Somewhere in Time.  Nothing specific, but the sound of the guitars and "feel' has that spacey/synth feel to it. 

Sorry to bump this but I felt it needed acknowledgement. But has anyone noticed that When The Wild Wind Blows is based on the Briggs film When The Wind Blows, and the guitar solo on the somewhere in time tour, was based on Walking in the Air which was from the film The Snowman. Which was made by Briggs also. I know it's not on the album, but was on the tour so it counts :D

I think SIT was a very prog-type album, similar to TFF, and SIT also inspires incredible passion on both sides (love or hate), much like SIT. Lyrically some of the themes are the same - don't always waste your time with wasted years, it's ok, I've lived my life to the full, I have no regrets.

SIT Eddie doesn't have skin. TFF Eddie is a hideous virus mutant. Due to no skin protecting him, Eddie got a virus. In SSOASS he already started to lose limbs. NPFTD - AMOLAD are not canonical. In TFF the mutation is complete and the virus has grown new mutant legs.

Vap said:
SIT Eddie doesn't have skin. TFF Eddie is a hideous virus mutant. Due to no skin protecting him, Eddie got a virus. In SSOASS he already started to lose limbs. NPFTD - AMOLAD are not canonical. In TFF the mutation is complete and the virus has grown new mutant legs.

Let me guess, you "didn't inhale"?

Back