The essential bootlegs?

Are there any must-have Maiden bootlegs on Vinyl that sound good? Preferably for tours that don’t already have an official album?
Good question and I would also like to know. I've seen some sold lately on stores, but somehow I have hundreds of shows either on cd-r or files.
I have few factory-pressed cd and even few vinyl, but lately I've seen these shows sold from recent tours.
For example some 2005, 2006 or 2008 or 2016 (whatever) shows are being sold on vinyl, so it's most likely same source as the one on the internet, can it be any better if pressed to vinyl? It must be really good recording or have some sort of special meaning in order to buy it.

Think have to check some reviews if come across to any interesting show (whenever Im browsing the few vinyl bootlegs in shops) and then see if it really is worth to buy to the collection.

Apologies if this was answered in this thread already and I missed it, but I went through it and didn't see an answer.
Where do you guys buy bootlegs? Don't want to violate any rules in case linking is forbidden, but names or hints would be helpful.
There are two record stores in my city and neither of them carries bootlegs (never mind of Maiden).
My online go-tos also don't carry bootlegs so any help is appreciated.

By the way quick request off topic: I voted for Maiden on the metallian .com poll and we are not Top so if you like to scoot over and press the correct button...

I was active trader some years ago, so I got hundreds of shows on cd and dvd by trading stuff around the world. After that I've downloaded some good quality shows from private places.
So, I haven't much at all bought hardly any. But now that some people have recommended and posted pics of them listening to some unofficial recordings vinyl, that got me slightly interested.
I only got few bootlegs as "factory-pressed" cd and vinyl in my collections, but lately I've seen some older shows being sold on vinyl in some record stores.

Anybody here know more about some bootlegs being released on vinyl in the last couple years?
I got some shows and info (that I've seen on sale recently), but I would really need some background on are they good quality etc.

I've been trying to get hold of a bootleg recording of Donington 1992 for years. I don't mean the limited vinyl release with the black and white cover (pre official release in 98) but the original BBC radio broadcast recording with the superior sound mix. I heard it once off a cassette copy years ago at a fan club event and there are some clips on YouTube but I struggle to find the full concert. Does anyone have a digital copy of it or know where to get one?

I have that FM broadcast version on 2cd somewhere and I recorded the cassette when it was broadcasted here in Finland.
I think youtube had some clips atleast because I've revisited the show couple times, just to hear Bruce's little mistake on The Evil That Men Do.

I have that FM broadcast version on 2cd somewhere and I recorded the cassette when it was broadcasted here in Finland.
I think youtube had some clips atleast because I've revisited the show couple times, just to hear Bruce's little mistake on The Evil That Men Do.
If you ever decide to rip that 2cd recording and upload it one day I'd be very interested. :)

I've been trying to get hold of a bootleg recording of Donington 1992 for years. I don't mean the limited vinyl release with the black and white cover (pre official release in 98) but the original BBC radio broadcast recording with the superior sound mix. I heard it once off a cassette copy years ago at a fan club event and there are some clips on YouTube but I struggle to find the full concert. Does anyone have a digital copy of it or know where to get one?
Try looking here for the show you are after (I have not checked if it is there though!)

This is a great site for all the various BBC Friday Rockshow downloads throughout the years that people have shared ;)

Try looking here for the show you are after (I have not checked if it is there though!)

This is a great site for all the various BBC Friday Rockshow downloads throughout the years that people have shared ;)
Thanks for that. PhantomOfTheOpera sent me a DM with a link to his copy so I'm all good now.

Was it not a live broadcast (i.e not Friday night) on the day of the gig? I remember listening live one year, the year Zakk Wyldes band Pride and Glory opened

Was it not a live broadcast (i.e not Friday night) on the day of the gig? I remember listening live one year, the year Zakk Wyldes band Pride and Glory opened
Not sure to be honest, but I would not be surprised if The Friday Rock show played it at some point. Either way, there are some great gigs from various bands through the years on that site ;)

Anything from the Beast On The Road tour - Birmingham is a great show despite the average quality recording.

Gothenburg 2005 and Stockholm 2006 are both fantastic performances in broadcast quality.

Just as an addendum to the above, could someone please PM me a link to anywhere I can download the Donington 1992 broadcast as the poster above requested?

I'm very keen to get hold of it because the official CD is a huge missed opportunity as the mix is like mud (strangely the VHS mix is fine?!?!?)

Thanks

I see that Reykjavik, Iceland on 7th June 2005 was recorded and webcast but the dj talked during the show and in middle of songs, there's another version of the show being traded that don't have the dj talks.
So, there's atleast 1 version of the broadcast being sold as bootleg-2lp (from 2019) and I was wondering which version is that?
The covers don't mention about it. Anybody know?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what content is on these? Is it the Broadcast gigs or just a mix of songs like the 3 disc?

I’m curious what the appeal is in getting a bootleg of a show from a tour where an official release exists. Has there ever been a case where the bootleg sounded better than the official releases?

Back