The essential bootlegs?

Samantas5855

Educated Fool
Running Free and Transylvania both have demo versions or radio sessions from around that time, so I suspect the "spaceward versions" there are just these other versions relabeled. Logically, if they were real, why didn't Maiden put them on BOTB? They put Strange World on it, so why keep the other 2.
Does Trasylvania have a demo?

Samantas5855

Educated Fool
There's a rumoured demo version from Germany that I've never heard, but there's definitely the BBC radio session that could be used
From Germany? Tell me more.
Women in Uniform 2014 ep has a different mix and someone here said it was the one used in Germany but I heard the special live ep and it wasn't
I've also heard that the Axe Attack running free was also on the German running free single but haven't looked into it.

srfc

Ancient Mariner
I don't know anything more than what's in this thread

and I think maybe the bootleg says it was released in germany. It seems to be the same sessions as the Axe Attack version of Running Free

srfc

Ancient Mariner
Just had a quick google there, and I think Gor is wrong, on discogs and last.fm both say Transylvania on Invasion of Rarities is live in japan on that bootleg

Samantas5855

Educated Fool
There's been a mid 2020 release of the Nijmegen 1981 bootleg from another source that sounds better and has all the songs (17 while the other had 10). So yeah this one gets the essential award from me.