THE CRUSADE OF EPICS: nominations CLOSED!

Also, just to come from the other side of the river, why only up to 25 mins?

I wanted to send a list, but then I realised:

Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn - sure, it's two-part because of the vinyl limitations, but almost always considered a single song, counting 36 minutes.
Same goes for Thick as a Brick and A Passion Play.
Karn Evil 9 by ELP is also over half an hour.

+ y'all kept insisting Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence was a single song as well (or was that the other forum?) I wouldn't nominate it, but why couldn't I? Ain't epic enough? Or epic too much?

I'm not trying to be a dick, it's just that the epics that come to mind don't fit the rather arbitrary criteria.

I'm gonna send you a list anyway, seeing as you need more contributions and I guess I'm one of the resident prog snobs, but I'd much rather include the songs above. If I can't I won't.

Okay, I admit that makes sense. Though I'm pissed I can't put Ommadawn or A Passion Play there.

What about Shine on You Crazy Diamond? Taken together, both parts are about 26 minutes. I guess that's okay anyway, right?

My list:

1. Bathory - One Rode to Asa Bay
2. Hawkwind - Assault and Battery/The Golden Void
3. Bathory - Twilight of the Gods
4. Asphyx - The Rack
5. Overkill - Playing With Spiders/Skullkrusher
6. Buckethead - Soothsayer
7. Venom - At War With Satan

My list:

1. Bathory - One Rode to Asa Bay
2. Hawkwind - Assault and Battery/The Golden Void
3. Bathory - Twilight of the Gods
4. Asphyx - The Rack
5. Overkill - Playing With Spiders/Skullkrusher
6. Buckethead - Soothsayer
7. Venom - At War With Satan
I've only heard of the last one.

No more lists!

I got more lists than I needed. I will try to fit as many as I can into the game. Thanks everyone!

I got more lists than I needed. I will try to fit as many as I can into the game.
How many songs over the limit do you have? Maybe you could do some sort of qualifying round, where the extra songs all battle it out for a chance to qualify for the final spot(s) in the group stage.

Back