The cover that should not be

Eddies Wingman said:
We all have some cover songs we hate, don't we? Here is a list of 10 abominations. Any physical medium containing any of those should be shredded to pieces and sunk in the ocean.

http://www.thevine.com.au/music/news/top-10-_-worst-cover-songs.aspx

The obvious follow-up question is: What cover versions do you despise? Videos are welcomed, but if they are too horrendous, please provide a warning :D

I actually like that version of Smooth Criminal.  :D

I HATE... absolutely HATE Hasselhoff's cover of Hooked on a Feeling... it's so horrible and what's sad is people actually like it enough for the original to have faded into oblivion. Hasselhoff should be shot just for that.

EDIT:

Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNnnWfUpYGg&feature=related

I am NOT putting the musical abortion that is hasslehoff's version. It is SO bad that it took some digging to find the original. Almost every single version has his fucking "uga chacas" Why? WHY?! What fucking idiot told him it was a good idea? Good god now I'm pissed.

Celine Dion doing "You Shook me all Night Long" - words fail me. So I will pick out one of those comments from YouTube that made me LOL:

It's like watching your mom and your aunt sing your favorite song in front of all your friends... it's just not right
:D

hellsongs cover is actually pretty good.

I like this song. I think they wrote some folk songs and thought to themselves: "hey me, who's lyrics can I take to put in my song?" and they answered, "why Iron Maiden of course!". I think it's a very nice gesture of them to take the lyrics, it's sorta like composing an existing poem.

The song itself isn't that special, I like the idea.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Not when you have a death metal/screamo singer ruining Bruce's vocals.

That has been done far worse in my opinion. Cradle of Filth's cover of Hallowed is a crime against humanity.

From the artificially lowered vocals in the opening, via the completely out-of-place "motherfuckers!" (after "they'll take me to the gallow's pole") to the horrible screaming "vocals" of Dani Filth through the rest of a song. He should go to jail for this.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Not when you have a death metal/screamo singer ruining Bruce's vocals.

Better than a power metal shrieker. Plus, Alexi Laiho is hardly "screamo", nor is Children of Bodom death metal. There's some really good Maiden covers from the black/death corner. At least, here people aren't trying to do something they know they can't do anyway, namely trying to imitate Bruce's vocal capabilities. I'd rather have a tasteful growl or scream than a horrible falsetto that has even less to do with Bruce, despite people's apparent inability to grasp that. Most growlers are in fact using the same technique as Bruce, and only modifying the result with their vocal chords, while most power metal shriekers use a very different technique to begin with, making the result fit even less with the music.

But well, "everybody loves power metal", so who am I to argue.

/rant

There were some pretty awful Maiden covers on Kerrang's Maiden Heaven album. Not all of them, some were pretty awesome, like Metallica's Remember Tomorrow, Dream Theater's To Tame A Land and Black Tide's Prowler to name a few.

But this one just sucks shit. I know that doing a cover doesn't mean you have to play the song precisely like the original, but man. This is just... gay.

Back