The Concert Thread

dwld-admat.jpg

This is the line-up for Donnington. Any recommendations from anyone on which bands I might like to see?

Motley Crue are incredible live as I have stated and i've heard amazing things about Kiss and Manson but musically speaking, Priest wins.

Priest is a given.

FRIDAY - Start drinking and enjoy the hell out of Clutch, keep drinking for Corrosion of Conformity, sober up during Judas Priest

SATURDAY - Sleep off the drink all day and show up way later just to see Faith No More and MUSE.

SUNDAY - Go home. Or watch Tremonti play some solos, get lame with Billy Idol, watch Slash play some solos, then go home.

What sort of music is Clutch and Corrosion of Conformity?

On paper it's great, but in reality... Judas Priest definitely won't live up to the Epitaph tour show I saw... they can't play that long anymore, and setlist is weaker.
Helloween's setlists are lazy and full of shit songs.

Actually I think this might be the right time for Keeper-era Helloween to reunite (with Uli Küsch on drums). I have no faith in this lineup anymore.

Glad to see all you guys going to such awesome concerts. Great doubleshot weekend I just had. Sepultura/destruction show was killer! Destruction only got 10 songs but a killer set. Sepultura was great. Nothing off beneath the remains album but classic stuff nonetheless. DRI was great on Sunday also. Coming up for me this month:

6/7 Boston
6/13 Lynch mob/warrior soul
6/14 Lynch mob
6/20 Local show
6/27 Kid Rock/Foreigner
6/28 Crowbar/Battlecross

On paper it's great, but in reality... Judas Priest definitely won't live up to the Epitaph tour show I saw... they can't play that long anymore, and setlist is weaker.
Helloween's setlists are lazy and full of shit songs.

Actually I think this might be the right time for Keeper-era Helloween to reunite (with Uli Küsch on drums). I have no faith in this lineup anymore.
I forgot if you've seen Helloween before? In spite of their setlist picks, they're still a strong live band, and I guess Priest will have difficulties with coming on stage after them.

Opeth are playing here in September with the same orchestra that did the Paradise Lost gig last year. I wonder if I should try to make it.

Updated:
August 8 Steve Harris/British Lion, Newcastle
December 19 Nightwish, Arch Enemy, Amorphis, London
February 27 2016 Sabaton and Alestorm, Manchester

**drums fingers**

Back