The Concert Thread

Nightwish/Sabaton
Clutch/Mastodon
some local bands (Visigoth/Disforia)

hopefully Bad Religion and Rush if I can work my way into them without paying

Just got tickets to see Kamelot in IL on 5/6. Can't wait.

ALSO, and I'm not sure why neither band has announced this yet, SYMPHONY X and Overkill are doing a N.A. coheadlining tour in the fall! Tickets are already on sale at www.enterthevault.com

09/18/2015 The Palladium – Worcester, MA *
09/19/2015 Upstate Concert Hall – Clifton Park, NY **
09/20/2015 Dome Theater – Niagara Falls, NY *
09/22/2015 Agora Ballroom – Cleveland, OH *
09/23/2015 The Intersection – Grand Rapids, MI **
09/24/2015 House of Blues - Chicago , IL *
09/25/2015 Rave – Milwaukee, WI *
09/26/2015 Mill City Nights – Minnesota, MN **
09/27/2015 Park Theatre – Winnipeg, MB - CANADA **
09/29/2015 Mac Ewan Hall Ballroom – Calgary, AB - CANADA **
09/30/2015 Union Hall – Edmonton, AB - CANADA **
10/01/2015 Knitting Factory – Spokane, WA **
10/02/2015 Vogue Theatre – Vancouver, B.C. - CANADA *
10/03/2015 Showbox at the Market – Seattle, WA **
10/05/2015 The Grand Ballroom at the Regency Center – San Francisco, CA **
10/06/2015 The Regent Theater – Los Angeles, CA **
10/07/2015 Marquee Theatre – Tempe, AZ *
10/09/2015 The Bomb Factory – Dallas, TX *
10/10/2015 210 Kapones – San Antonio, TX **
10/11/2015 Warehouse Live – Houston, TX *
10/13/2015 The Ritz – Tampa, FL *
10/14/2015 The Masquerade – Atlanta, GA **
10/15/2015 The Filmore – Charlotte, NC **
10/16/2015 The Filmore – Silver Spring, MD *
10/17/2015 Terminal 5 – New York City, NY *

*Overkill closes
** Symphony X closes

YAAAAAAY!

I will be at an Overkill/symphony X show. I forgot about that since it's not till october or september in my area. Also Deep purple tickets started going on sale and Van halen on sale next week. APril schedule is stacked for me.

4/4 For the Kill
4/9 Zebra
4/11 Unchained/ratt n' roll/Kiss alive tributes
4/12 At the Gates
4/17 Testament/Exodus
4/18 Adrenaline Mob
4/19 Testament/exodus
4/25 Y&T
4/26 Y&T
4/30 M3 Preparty show

Saw a Serbian Iron Maiden tribute band called Ajvar Mleven playing in Sofia last night. It was every bit like you'd imagine it, including a Dave Murray who didn't get a single note right and a Steve who, well... let's say they were ambitious (playing songs such as Brighter than a Thousand Suns and Wasting Love) but weren't quite up for it. They completely botched the intro to The Clairvoyant, but funnily enough, pretty much nailed Rime. Except for the singer, who couldn't get the lyrics for any line right.
It was fun, though. :D

Nightwish/Sabaton
Clutch/Mastodon
some local bands (Visigoth/Disforia)

hopefully Bad Religion and Rush if I can work my way into them without paying
Bad Religion are playing with an interesting setlist! I saw them several times in between 2000 and let's say 2010, but this current set has some cool songs which weren't performed around that time (I think).

Bad Religion are playing with an interesting setlist! I saw them several times in between 2000 and let's say 2010, but this current set has some cool songs which weren't performed around that time (I think).

I sadly missed the show, but I heard it was quite awesome! Would have loved to have seen them again.

Got my Van Halen tickets. They weren't cheap, but it'll be worth it. Got Zebra on Thursday, and At the Gates on Sunday. Big month. Then come the testament/Exodus shows with Adrenaline mob in between. I love April!

Good Devil Wears Prada show last night, took forever to get down to Philly due to a huge traffic pileup caused by police activity, ughh:angry-: but nontheless, show was good, I enjoyed DWP and Born of Osiris, The Word Alive were ok, nothing that special, and I missed the first band, Secrets, but I listened to a few of their songs through their site and it sounds like I didn't miss much..

Just got back from one of the most entertaining rock concerts I've ever seen. Period. The Replacements have reunited and are now touring. They just played in Hollywood tonight and, since I was a big fan back when I was a teenager, I said to hell with it, grabbed a $22 GA ticket on stubhub, and went. I was blown away. So much energy and excitement. They were raucous, heavy most of the time, often loose and chaotic but really tight when it mattered. They played many of their best songs as well as some surprise cover tunes. They had a rep in the 80s as the best rock band in America, and after tonight's show, I see why that reputation was well justified.

Mosh, SMX, they will be in Denver this weekend. Run, don't walk, to the show. Fantastic.

Just saw Visigoth here in SLC last night. They were absolutely amazing, however, the show was in a tiny dive bar with no stage, no pro sound, and no pro lighting. They played on the floor and pushed two billiards tables out of the way. People gathered around them and by the fourth or fifth song, the band was pressed up against the walls because everyone had moved in so close to them. The moshing was ridiculous - pits starting in a bar that was no more than twenty feet wide. All in all, the place probably has a fire code capacity of 100 people and there were at least 125 people in the room.

What I could hear sounded absolutely awesome, the band was just eating up the energy from the room. They sounded great and held the banner of true metal high, even covering Demon's "The Spell". That said, my friend and I left after their fifth song because it was just pointless - couldn't see anything, couldn't really hear the singer.

I imagine that's what thrash metal shows felt like in the early 1980's, so it was still a really cool experience. The physical proximity of band and audience made the connection really strong and kept the energy high. I barely saw any people on their cell phones, everyone was just having a good time. Can't wait to see this band get a little bigger and play in an actual venue.

Back